Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

complete beginner

mark2788

hi, there is a chance of getting a big job but its 3 storey. Im completely traditional so obviously cant reach the taller windows, im wondering whats the best starter kit for waterfed pole? i dont have a clue about any of it but not sure i can use an outdoor tap so would need pure water in a backpack or similar? i dont want to get a whole system so dont know exactly what i would need to get pure water in a backpack? any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Gardiner pole systems for your kit .

You need to know the TDs from your water supply , then you can decide if you need a Reverse Osmosis system or just a DI vessel .

You'll get a lot of answers here Mark but honestly, this question has been answered here a million times. All the answers are right here for you to sift through there's many posts about it.

hi, there is a chance of getting a big job but its 3 storey. Im completely traditional so obviously cant reach the taller windows, im wondering whats the best starter kit for waterfed pole? i dont have a clue about any of it but not sure i can use an outdoor tap so would need pure water in a backpack or similar? i dont want to get a whole system so dont know exactly what i would need to get pure water in a backpack? any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
I wouldn’t buy a WFP system if you haven’t got the job, unless you are going to use it more than that one job. When we first moved over to WFP. We bought a starter kit a trolley system from pure freedom. It came complete with a small RO. We bought extra containers and we managed like that for a few years. You produce the pure into containers and lift onto the trolley. And away you go?

You'll get a lot of answers here Mark but honestly, this question has been answered here a million times. All the answers are right here for you to sift through there's many posts about it.
Hi I think something is wrong with the search bar always says nothing matching your search? 

Is there anyone/or spotless water near you that sell purified water?

If so just put a Gardiner back pack on a trolley and a few 25l containers with you. Sounds like you’ll need a 25ft pole. 

I got the CLX27, which will reach the 2nd floor of most properties quite easily. Can be a bit challenging at times in the wind etc though.

Hope that helps..

EDIT: To clarify, that's ground, 1st and 2nd floors.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the CLX27, which will reach the 2nd floor of most properties quite easily. Can be a bit challenging at times in the wind etc though.

Hope that helps..

Clx 27 should reach the vast majority of 3 storey buildings 

By 3 storey, I'm assuming you mean ground, 1st and 2nd? - or do you also mean 3rd?

Yes lol depends how you look at it , but three lots of windows high if that makes sense , so could be called ground ,first ,and second , or 3 storey ??? 

Yeah that's what i meant in my first reply lol - ground, 1st & 2nd. Will edit to clarify - thanks
Ok sorry I would call that 3 storey there is no right or wrong with this but it can be a bit confusing, we all look at this differently ???

Back