Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

BIG Contracts! With big companies

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Liam562

Ayup lads

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with getting big contracts?

for example Aldi, (random) 

maybe contracts to clean windows/signage in a specific region,

bit random I know but just interested in anyone having experience with this type of job

A lot of the big stores are on National contracts. If this is the type of work you want to target then local property management companies might be easier. My advice would be try to build a residential base up and then look to get this type of work. Unfortunately in this line of work is there is no magic formula to get big commercial jobs.

Ayup lads

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with getting big contracts?

for example Aldi, (random) 

maybe contracts to clean windows/signage in a specific region,

bit random I know but just interested in anyone having experience with this type of job
I clean for a Boots opticians. As @Part Timer says they have a national contract with Nationwide window cleaning. This doesn't mean they're being done. They were hanging when I first did them. I have no doubt it won't last long but they're down for fortnightly so i'll take advantage while I can.

Most of the work done by national companies isn’t wort trying to get there prices are so low you would earn more doing windows on domestic houses . If you want to get some commercial work try target your local management companies phone them first have a chat explaine  what you can offer them and ask how can you get on there list of approved contractors , some will expect chas , safe contractor or similar this isn’t viable for a one man band ,so just move on , others will want iosh, which is easy and cheap to get , they might want training certificates for what ever work you do . We do work for several management companies and they have never asked for anything , then put something in writing to them . 

We have window cleaning contracts with several management companies , if I see the gutters are blocked or the place needs softwashing, or plastics are dirty I take photos send them to the management company with a price for doing the work 9 times out of 10 we get the jobs , give it a go .

Back