Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How to clean these windows

DrGonzoSnr

Going to quote my first proper job and checked it out from a distance today.

How do people clean these windows?

Do I need a special brush to get into the top corners? 

When practicing on parents house I've had a couple where I'm coming in from the side as the window is above a ground floor extension. I've seen you can buy angle goosenecks, do I need one of those?

Didn't think that there are so many different types of windows! 

IMG_20190412_184442.jpg

Going to quote my first proper job and checked it out from a distance today.

How do people clean these windows?

Do I need a special brush to get into the top corners? 

When practicing on parents house I've had a couple where I'm coming in from the side as the window is above a ground floor extension. I've seen you can buy angle goosenecks, do I need one of those?

Didn't think that there are so many different types of windows! 

View attachment 16205

From the picture i cannot see a problem with an angle addapter and any brush will be fine to do that job , we don’t change brushes or set up for any windows unless it’s a very deep recessed window then might use a longer goose neck 

From the picture i cannot see a problem with an angle addapter and any brush will be fine to do that job , we don’t change brushes or set up for any windows unless it’s a very deep recessed window then might use a longer goose neck 
Sorry mate are you saying I will need an angle adapter? I haven't got one yet

Ah ok I assumed that you had a pole and adapter this is the type of thing you need , you can get swivel jointed adapters as well Pershing don’t like them and have never needed one in 20 years the set up in the pictures below will work for all windows, sometimes you might need a longer goose neck for very deeply recessed windows like Victorian houses . 

63E80699-0A10-4D2C-B1AD-E6002D240BD0.jpeg

DDC04F1B-56CA-4A4B-BDCF-A59AF183B9A1.jpeg

We use swivel on all our poles, I have plenty of windows like that use a swivel no problem.

I've been using WFP for nearly twelve years. I didn't use a swivel at first and couldn't see why I would ever need one as I could do everything on my round without one, but when I started using one three to four years ago I was amazed at how much faster I could work. They are definitely worth a try. They feel a bit odd at first but when you get used to them they are very useful.

I use these parts from Gardiners and keep the angle adapter almost straight most of the time unless cleaning windows I can't close. I've have found they are not suited to all brushes but I use Ultimate and Xtreme brushes with them successfully. In my experience, longer bristled brushes can be a bit of a challenge with a swivel. 

ql_angle_adapter.jpgql_angled_swivel.jpg

I've been using WFP for nearly twelve years. I didn't use a swivel at first and couldn't see why I would ever need one as I could do everything on my round without one, but when I started using one three to four years ago I was amazed at how much faster I could work. They are definitely worth a try. They feel a bit odd at first but when you get used to them they are very useful.

I use these parts from Gardiners and keep the angle adapter almost straight most of the time unless cleaning windows I can't close. I've have found they are not suited to all brushes but I use Ultimate and Xtreme brushes with them successfully. In my experience, longer bristled brushes can be a bit of a challenge with a swivel. 

View attachment 16219View attachment 16220
I use one of those with a 35cm ultimate brush with 4 jets

Nothing I can't get with that

View attachment 16219View attachment 16220

We don’t use them as I have never had a problem cleaning any window without one , but can you clean gutters and facias with a swivel or is it wobbling all over the place and reducing the scrubbing power if that makes sense ?? 

We don’t use them as I have never had a problem cleaning any window without one , but can you clean gutters and facias with a swivel or is it wobbling all over the place and reducing the scrubbing power if that makes sense ?? 
Gutters,  fascia's  connie I use a fix neck swivel is no good for them, but brilliant for windows is our preference. 

I never take my swivel off even when doing conny roofs, facias and soffits. I actually find it helpful

Latest Posts

Back