Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

CONSERVATORY CLEANER/PCV RESTORER

WCF

Help Support WCF:

george1982

Hi guys as you have always been very helpful I just need an other one to get help with. I was asked to clean conservatory and do not know what to use on the white pvc and it has got a lot of stuff on the roof. Which is the best stuff on the market. I saw one guy spraying with foam the whole conservatory wait 15 mins and then wash it out but do not know what the chemical is called? 

Last edited by a moderator:
If the roof is self cleaning glass dont use any chemicals, purified water only.

if it is just a standard conny roof then screwfix no nonsense de-greaser, or virosol, ubik 2000, everyone has their preferences. Even washing up liquid will do. Hot water system helps too. If the pvc has turned grey or has those black spots on it i tend to use a harris pole with a magic sponge tied around the end with an elastic band. Most likely to be time consuming, hope this helps

We use virosol mixed 10-1 spray it on agitate with  wfp rinse with garden hose to get rid of all the little bits , finish off with pure , same principal for self cleaning glass , normal glass, or polycarbonate roof , we have used this method for 20 years and never had a problem with self cleaning glass providing you don’t use it stronger than 10-1 should be fine , price well as it will take longer than you think and some are a real pain 

The problem is the white PVC and it's very dirty and I want to bring the nice shiny white colour again 

If you want to clean it by hand solvent cleaner is good it will desolve the surface of the plastic and remove all the much this is what window fitters use when they fit new windows . 

Ciff cream cleaner and magic sponges will also do a good job , there are several other products  the market that will give the same results 

I use Chemex Super Plus for all my plastic and glass soapwashes. I've been using it for the best part of five years, mixed with fairy liquid to give it a degree of creaminess. I don't have a set ratio for the mix with water, I just judge it as I feel. I use it frequently for pvc and all types of glass deep washes. I use it on poly roofs, tinted glass, self cleaning glass, leaded, the lot. Never had an issue, except for the occasional really aged and deteriated black seals on one particular type of old wìndow, that can weep an inky runoff if left on for too long before rinsing out. Not had any problems with plants or flowers. Off the top of my head the only thing I'd stay well clear of is fish ponds. I use my everyday pole and sill brush with a Gardiner Backpack on a lightweight trolley to spray it on. The backpack never gets used for anything else. I cream it on, scrub it In, leave it for a good while, then scrub it out with tap water flowing through the pole. I never get involved with cloths or Magic Sponges, too slow. I get all the dirt out but stains or discolouration that won't come out with the brush are down to age and deteriation and if they won't come out, so be it, I can't make it new. 

Back