Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Softwash a pub marquee

Corps012588

Hi guys and gals.

I've been asked to clean a marquee that's in the beer garden of a pub I clean.

I was going to use tfr and WFP but just wondered if these type of things could be soft washed.

Its white in colour(well normally anyway)

It's mainly just algae and seagull s@@t on it

There is something called wilko green gone super concentrate that i suggested somebody use on a canvass marquee before, dont know how that turned out? Its excellent on green algae, our fences at home were riddled with green algae and after spraying that on it was gone in 24 hours. 2 years later still algae free. £6 a bottle i think! 

As for the bird **** damp it up and scrub with a brush maybe? 

You didnt state what its made of sorry. If it is canvass my main worry would be any chemical may bleach it ?‍♂️

Last edited by a moderator:
No worries mate, you may even find washing up liquid & hot water in a backpack works. Doesnt always take nasties to do a good job ?

Softwashing will work very well on canvass , if using hypo make sure that you rinse it well , we do a large sail on a hotel every couple of years and it comes up like new , virosol or similar will not give good results as you cannot scrubb a flexable item , algy will grow in the fabric it needs to be killed off the only way to do this is using hypo or biocide products , I haven’t used the bio on this type of thing as the customers we have want instant clean and hypo is the only way to achieve this .

Thank you pjj.

I was thinking of using maybe a 2 or 3% mix to start with using a backpack.

Yes that should be fine , either use a neutralising agent when you finish or make sure you rinse it with copious amounts of water as hypo can rot canvas or the stitching if you don’t .

Back