Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Popping my cherry!

spacer.png
spacer.png

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Ive secured a couple of jobs, now im nervous. Had a bit of a play with the machine today so happy with all that.

first job is 60m2 in total, 20m2 of slabs and 40m2 concrete pathways

second job is 50m2 in total, only about 8m2 of block paving and again the rest concrete paths

ive got a 21lpm machine with fsc... 

Which nozzle would you guys use for the concrete? Ive got a turbo and those coloured ones. 

Hypo.... Is 3% ok for this lot?? How much do i need to buy? 

and last of all how much should i have charged?haha i know i should have come on here before pricing ?image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Your looking for a minimum of £300 a day. Even with 300 its not that great if you take off your sand, petrol, hypo and anything else that you need. That's why £400 a day is a good starting point.  

spacer.png
spacer.png

View attachment 16214

View attachment 16215

View attachment 16216

View attachment 16217

Ive secured a couple of jobs, now im nervous. Had a bit of a play with the machine today so happy with all that.

first job is 60m2 in total, 20m2 of slabs and 40m2 concrete pathways

second job is 50m2 in total, only about 8m2 of block paving and again the rest concrete paths

ive got a 21lpm machine with fsc... 

Which nozzle would you guys use for the concrete? Ive got a turbo and those coloured ones. 

Hypo.... Is 3% ok for this lot?? How much do i need to buy? 

and last of all how much should i have charged?haha i know i should have come on here before pricing ?View attachment 16214

View attachment 16218

We have a minimum set up fee of £150 and prices go up from that , 

hypo wise you will be fine with what you said , as for quantity it depends how you apply  it if spraying you will use less than you will using a watering can , not everyone will agree with me but I would use the flat surface cleaner on all that then finish off the edges with a turbo or vario nozzle rinse down job done 

mix one part hypo with 4 or 5 parts water , one 20 ltr drum should do that but it’s only £12 a drum so get an extra one just in case  

Jesus!!!! Wish I could get that for a days work. Thing is everyone wants it done for nothing. 

You should be able to earn considerably more than that in a day that’s easily achievable in a morning 

I take it you're thinking of 300 quid plus for both jobs?

The first job shouldn’t take more than a couple of hours once you are used to doing it , but will take you a lot longer untill you know what you are doing , Evan if you are a bit underpriced look at it that you are being paid to learn , you will soon get the hang of it 

You should be able to earn considerably more than that in a day that’s easily achievable in a morning 
I would love to. I do have a minimum price of £80 now but even at that people can't seem to believe it when I mention this. Saying that, I am going to look at a commercial job this week. Basically got the guys house and he's asked me to go look at his commercial premises, it's a pretty big place . Would be great for advertising if I get that too!!! 

I was cleaning the windows on a house whose concrete drive I cleaned two years ago yesterday morning. I never used any chemicals. Was full of algae back then. Still doesnt need cleaning now...

With a fsc or nozzle? Im going to just wash it first then hypo if needed ?
All I use is turbo lance mate. Every job, concrete, block, decking. Just raise it up higher with decking so not to cause damage.

Just wash down walls, the house, windows ect with a bit of distance so not to cause damage. All looks spotless at the end.

Jesus!!!! Wish I could get that for a days work. Thing is everyone wants it done for nothing. 

Its the type of clients you are chasing. Do work for residents in Half a million pound houses and they will expect high prices. Do work in a scheme and you will be lucky to get £150 for a full day's PW. That's why advertising in the right places will pay for itself in the long run.

Back