Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

moerman liquidator replacement rubber?

noobwc

Hey guys,

Where is the best place to buy moerman liquidator replacement rubber thats pre-cut and what is the best brand to buy?

Thanks and have a wonderful Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,

Where is the best place to buy moerman liquidator replacement rubber thats pre-cut and what is the best brand to buy?

Thanks and have a wonderful Sunday.
I think only moerman sell the pre cut rubber for the liquidator.  I always keep a batch  of moerman rubber in the car as it's easier to swap round on the job but use other brands Etttore, Razr red which I pre cut at home as they're a fair bit cheaper.  If you're going to go moerman rubber only just shop around for the best price.  Window Clean centre (Ipswich), Window cleaning stuff and Window cleaning warehouse; I think I've bought the pre cut rubber from them all just depending on the cheapest price.

Yeah see I don't do much trad like manly shops and a few inside jobs.

Are razr reds any good? 
Hit and miss I find.  Tbh I'm thinking of phasing out Razr red once I've used up this batch.  If you're not doing much trad, then for the sake of convenience you're probs better off just getting the Moerman rubber ?

I quite like the moerman rubber think it Does work well in the liquidator. I don't do loads of trad a bit each day had my rubber in for about 2 weeks now it's wearing but it's lasting. Just try not too press to much on the glass 

I like the razr red in my moermans. After you cut a few I can't see the reason to buy pre cut really, it's easy to learn. They last several months up to half a year for me, but I also use mostly wfp.

I like the razr red in my moermans. After you cut a few I can't see the reason to buy pre cut really, it's easy to learn. They last several months up to half a year for me, but I also use mostly wfp.
I usually use razr red in my moeman channels as they last pretty well. If you have a problem with it, it could be because you have not worn it in. I always spend a minute or two using my new rubber on one of my own windows so it,s good to go when out in the field. Nothing worse than when on first job with new rubber you start squeegeeing and see your getting lines!!!!

I usually use razr red in my moeman channels as they last pretty well. If you have a problem with it, it could be because you have not worn it in. I always spend a minute or two using my new rubber on one of my own windows so it,s good to go when out in the field. Nothing worse than when on first job with new rubber you start squeegeeing and see your getting lines!!!!
Yeah i always use them on my own windows before i ever use them for work 

For the best way to cut rubber for the Liquidator get a pair of these.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xpert-Mitre-Gasket-Snips-Angle-Cutter-Shears-Stanley-Blade-Window-Trim-Tubing/323076445303?epid=1665021244&hash=item4b38db5477:g:xSQAAOSw1AZajuys

Uses a Stanley blade which is replaceable and gives a sharp edge everytime.

It has a 45 degree angle for the ends too.

It is a joy to cut rubber after using a blade and hammer and scissors for years.
I just use a sharp pair of scissors, use old rubber to mark length on new, cut square, insert into channel, then trim angle using end clip profile as guide for my scissors to ride against.

I personally do not like the moerman red rubber, does not last as long either in my opinion! I'm just getting through the current batch i have, as quickly as possible ! I try all these new blades & mops etc but just find myself returning to the traditional style squeegee. I'm finding it all a bit of a gimmick & i unfortunately keep falling for it!  You just can't fix something that isn't broken! 

Just started with spotless yellow rubber from cleaning spot, seems really good so far 
Spotless yellow rubber is by far the most superior of all the rubbers out there. I have been using it for a few months now and also now use it with my Moerman excelerator and liquidator 2 set up. I have tried the razor red that is supposed to be excellent - it's not! I am a little worried that if cleaning spot decide to remove the spotless yellow from their range at any time where else could this be sourced? It seems that they are the only company that supplies it.

Haven't tried that rubber, never even heard of it. Though I'd agree with you on Moerman red rubber, it's the worst ive used! 

Personally find  Unger soft rubber to be the best that I've used. 

I personally do not like the moerman red rubber, does not last as long either in my opinion! I'm just getting through the current batch i have, as quickly as possible ! I try all these new blades & mops etc but just find myself returning to the traditional style squeegee. I'm finding it all a bit of a gimmick & i unfortunately keep falling for it!  You just can't fix something that isn't broken! 
Moerman Red? No such thing ?

Razer Red from Facelift methinks ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't tried that rubber, never even heard of it. Though I'd agree with you on Moerman red rubber, it's the worst ive used! 

Personally find  Unger soft rubber to be the best that I've used. 
Usually use Razr red but when restocking thought about giving Unger soft a go in my homemade 6inch Moerman channel, very pleased so put Unger soft in my 10 and 14inch channels. Again very pleased with results. No doubt not as tough as the Razr red, but when a rubber needs changing, a rubber needs changing.

What do people think of ettore rubber in there liquidator?. I think it's good rubber holds it tight in the channel etc. But on thin seals paper thin ones find it easily slips over the seal and leaves an edge quite thick down the window. I suppose it's because it's a medium rubber between hard soft?. The moerman rubber doesn't seem to do this really. 

Back