Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which surfactant?

Hi im about to do my first patio job using hypo, which surfactant would you recomend using with it?

im a total novice but reading up as much as i can take in ?

Would this one do? Any cheaper slternatives?

thank you ever so much, you guys on this forum have been a massive help!!

image.jpeg

image.png

Yes that will work ok , you don’t have to use it on flat surfaces though , surfactant is designed to stick the hypo to walls to slow down run off on a patio it won’t run off as it’s flat , make sure you wet the slabs well with water then apply your hypo mix , you can use surfactant with it if you want but don’t have to on patios , 

Yes that will work ok , you don’t have to use it on flat surfaces though , surfactant is designed to stick the hypo to walls to slow down run off on a patio it won’t run off as it’s flat , make sure you wet the slabs well with water then apply your hypo mix , you can use surfactant with it if you want but don’t have to on patios , 
Cheers pjj awesome info, saves me a few quid this time around 

eBay is as good as anywhere to get it, just search Evans Kind and if you buy several 5lts containers at a time the price is pretty good. I Add about a 1/4 litre per 25lts of hypo mixed to whatever percentage you intend to use, usually 3 - 5%.

mix it just before you intend to use it or the hypo will kill it.

Dennis

eBay is as good as anywhere to get it, just search Evans Kind and if you buy several 5lts containers at a time the price is pretty good. I Add about a 1/4 litre per 25lts of hypo mixed to whatever percentage you intend to use, usually 3 - 5%.

mix it just before you intend to use it or the hypo will kill it.

Dennis
that's got two quats in that blend of surfactants and has the wrong ph for hypo .

the hypo doesn't kill by a long way your just using the wrong one

try lauryl oxide or sodium laureth sulphate as these two are the most suitable

clever wash works well as surfactant makes a huge difference on render compaired to no surfactant as for adding it when doing paving you may be chucking money down the drain 

I have been thinking for some time, and have decided i’m sticking to the official routes. 

I’ve tried and tested benz products, they work well and are officially approved by the HSE.

another product i have made enquiries about is safewash.

This is only a personal choice of course, but i have been thinking, if i were to make my own mix with standard hypo, and something were to go wrong, it would probably invalidate any insurance. 

As a newcomer to softwashing, i want to play by the book. 

Others who’ve been at it for years and have the necessary experience may do things their way. I’ve had sound advice from many good people and i thank Kev & pjj in particular for their perspectives on things.

Latest Posts

Back