Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Paint roller mop

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Den

While cleaning my local CO OP funeral parlour this morning there is a One stop minimart  opposite Watched a fella today in new van sign written, some maintenance/clean company think the initial where NW, anyway he had a pound shop bucket and squeeze and a paint roller for an applicator no solution just water he rolled the windows the done down pulls with his squeegee I really wanted to take some photos but didn’t he had a company uniform on and looked proffesional until I saw his equipment  and technique well different to what I have ever seen before. 

While cleaning my local CO OP funeral parlour this morning there is a One stop minimart  opposite Watched a fella today in new van sign written, some maintenance/clean company think the initial where NW, anyway he had a pound shop bucket and squeeze and a paint roller for an applicator no solution just water he rolled the windows the done down pulls with his squeegee I really wanted to take some photos but didn’t he had a company uniform on and looked proffesional until I saw his equipment  and technique well different to what I have ever seen before. 
lol, thats the funniest thing ive heard today. I admire the chancers front, but what was he thinking? more than likely a dum dum whose been put up to it by someone else. Be priceless to see a selection of these on utube ?

well considering half of us go round with our own made trolley setups, i'd not scoff at it too quickly - in my view, whatever gets the job done, quick, easy and cheap is a winner.

just hope he was using pure water lol or he's gonna be in the ... mind you, that said even if he wasn't he'll probably leave paint roller fluff everywhere lol

Last edited by a moderator:
well considering half of us go round with our own made trolley setups, i'd not scoff at it too quickly - in my view, whatever gets the job done, quick, easy and cheap is a winner.

just hope he was using pure water lol or he's gonna be in the ... mind you, that said even if he wasn't he'll probably leave paint roller fluff everywhere lol
Was just about everything opposite you said apart from cheap lol he was really slow and didn’t make it look easy lol but each to their own. 

Was just about everything opposite you said apart from cheap lol he was really slow and didn’t make it look easy lol but each to their own. 

maybe he's just starting out? - took me over an hour to do a house the other day that should have taken no more than 20 minutes in reality. I'm a noob too.

always a possibility he's completely skint but still hanging in there and doing his best to earn a few crumbs. you never know someones circumstances behind the scenes. kudos for trying is what i say, even if he did a pigs ear of it. at the end of the day some of us are lucky to afford the basics like a back pack and trolley - and that can look amateurish compared to a van and tank (you should see the hammerite job i did to the bottom of my 16 year old clarke folding trolley lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
I do a few bars and restaurants and rather than invoicing them I get a credit for future services that I'll use. As you're getting on a bit have you got the same deal ?

maybe he's just starting out? - took me over an hour to do a house the other day that should have taken no more than 20 minutes in reality. I'm a noob too.

always a possibility he's completely skint but still hanging in there and doing his best to earn a few crumbs. you never know someones circumstances behind the scenes. kudos for trying is what i say, even if he did a pigs ear of it. at the end of the day some of us are lucky to afford the basics like a back pack and trolley - and that can look amateurish compared to a van and tank (you should see the hammerite job i did to the bottom of my 16 year old clarke folding trolley lol)
Had a brand new van all sign written and uniform think he his probably an employee working for a firm he looked professional TBH until the bucket came out and I saw him working?  maybe some of the commercials lads on here can shed some light whether ‘ONE STOP’ shops are tendered out to the nationals window cleaning firms as I have heard plenty of horror stories about them. 

I do a few bars and restaurants and rather than invoicing them I get a credit for future services that I'll use. As you're getting on a bit have you got the same deal ?
That’s not a bad idea haha, the way I feel lately I wouldn’t have built up much credit ? lol

If the van had nss and the colours are white and purple then it’s someone from nationwide.

not sure if they have the contract for one stop think most one stop shops area a franchise.

If the van had nss and the colours are white and purple then it’s someone from nationwide.

not sure if they have the contract for one stop think most one stop shops area a franchise.
It was white and blue it did say maintenance and cleaning but honestly can't remember the initials (forgot 2 mins later) lol think it was NW. 

Back