Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Complete pole 50ft

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Supermax 3K. 

I use a Supermax 45, but you can buy a 50. 

Its a a great pole. 

Good points - study & strong so doesn’t flex too much when moving window to window. Carbon fibre so light for its size (I use to use a SLX of the same size and it’s notably lighter than the SLX). Also, the sections are longer so less clamps to adjust. 

Cons - sections are longer so I find I need to shuffle a bit to erect it (I’m 6ft so no small guy). This isn’t a problem if you’ve gotten lower windows you can rest it on as extending, but not it can be a issue. However today I tried something different. I always carry old towels to clean the hose when packing away. I put a towel on the ground, rested the brush on it and walked backwards extending it as much as I needed. Then I lifted it up to the window. This can feel heavy but I’m a weakling and managed it no problem. And the low flex really helps here. 

So so overall I would recommend the SuperMax. 

I am looking to invest in a pole in the region of 50ft. What do people recommend? ideally a complete pole with brush and no more than a grand!!
save up a bit more and buy an xtreme 47.....the supermax is far too heavy and bendy esp if your going to be cleaning solar panels and skylights on 2 storey roofs as well as straight up windows...seriously dont buy the supermax...youll regret it.......the xtreme is kinder to your shoulders and arms....and its much more rigid and lighter when cleaning at angles

Last edited by a moderator:
save up a bit more and buy an xtreme 47.....the supermax is far too heavy and bendy esp if your going to be cleaning solar panels and skylights on 2 storey roofs as well as straight up windows...seriously dont buy the supermax...youll regret it.......the xtreme is kinder to your shoulders and arms....and its much more rigid and lighter when cleaning at angles
I’ve had no issue with the weight of the Supermax, nor the flex. Like I mentioned, I’ve found it more ridged than the SLX used previously. Perhaps your comparing to the original? I’ve only never used the 3K.

Now, The Xtreme is a amazing pole and obviously beats the Supermax but for the same size it’s about double the price and requires a lot more maintenance. So the question is if it’s worth the extra outlay and only the OP can decide that. Personally love the Supermax, fantastic pole at a great price, though I’ll add I got mine with a discount. 

I’ve had no issue with the weight of the Supermax, nor the flex. Like I mentioned, I’ve found it more ridged than the SLX used previously. Perhaps your comparing to the original? I’ve only never used the 3K.

Now, The Xtreme is a amazing pole and obviously beats the Supermax but for the same size it’s about double the price and requires a lot more maintenance. So the question is if it’s worth the extra outlay and only the OP can decide that. Personally love the Supermax, fantastic pole at a great price, though I’ll add I got mine with a discount. 
i got my xtreme 47 in the gardiners sale years ago for £850....it only gets used around 10 times a month so its in great condition and will last me many years yet...

i had a 40ft SUPERMAX but i couldnt clean solar panels with it as the bend would catch on the gutters,awful heavy pole fully extended IMO.....not sure if they improved it after i sold mine...i dunno....i never bought another one....

Back