Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Another reason Why I enjoy my job

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Too true. Got some lovely customers who help make the day worthwhile. Also, for me, as probably for most is the independance, and the fact you can be your own boss. Ive struggled with a lot of employee jobs ive had, same as i always struggled at school, being a rebel and not taking too well to discipline. It can carry on after school, in work. Even when you're older, 40s or 50s and you think it wont happen to you, you can have some smart arsed **** boosting their own ego by telling you what to do, when to do it, how to do it etc. Dont get me wrong, some higher uppers were great, and did it the right/fair way, but many out there are sad and need to make themself feel better by kidding themself that they are superior and have power over you. Its a great feeling when theres no one over you,

Power to the people!  :iagree:

Too true. Got some lovely customers who help make the day worthwhile. Also, for me, as probably for most is the independance, and the fact you can be your own boss. Ive struggled with a lot of employee jobs ive had, same as i always struggled at school, being a rebel and not taking too well to discipline. It can carry on after school, in work. Even when you're older, 40s or 50s and you think it wont happen to you, you can have some smart arsed **** boosting their own ego by telling you what to do, when to do it, how to do it etc. Dont get me wrong, some higher uppers were great, and did it the right/fair way, but many out there are sad and need to make themself feel better by kidding themself that they are superior and have power over you. Its a great feeling when theres no one over you,

I can relate to most of that , I’ve been cleaning windows on and off for last 15year , am 32 now , skipped school to go help the old bloke now and then , £30 he paid me a day, not bad for being a 14/15 year old boy , I’ve only recently started off my self , worked on and off with my brother , 

hes well established , always gets people contacting him, so he always puts them my way , longs as they arnt in the same streets as he works , if I play this out  probably , I’ll make a great success , gotta easy path Into this job ! 

The odd few mornings I’ll go  through  mc Donald’s drive , and see people who I went school with  serving me , they stuck in and at the time seemed to think they was going make something of the adult life’s , 

jobs a job at the end of the day , but am pretty sure if asked do they enjoy it , I know what response I’ll get ,

and heres me never learned anything  at all! Setting targets of £1.50p a minute pay 

I can identify with this. I've not had an easy ride either. I've always been very individual in my thoughts and interests, and I found some work colleagues would be jealous for no good reason, especially as I had no interest in football, getting pickled, or Eastenders. My interests were sea angling and kayaking. I worked for many years on pipelines and water mains. Always tried to help people up when I could. But for instance when I put down a deposit for a starter home as a young man in 1985 some of my peers would hardly talk to me. "Who does he think he is, buying a house on a labourer's wage" was what they were saying behind my back. I only found that out ten years after when I bumped into one of the guys who had been a lorry driver with our company and he told me. I'd always got on well with him and we were delighted to meet again after so many years. He said though, that a lot of them shortly after decided that if I could do it on a labourer's wage they should also be able to do it on driver's, machine operator's, and gang leader's pay and most of them did. I didn't know for ten years as I'd left for another company. To be honest I found that there was no one better to hold a working class man back than his fellow working class colleagues. I actually found most of the bosses to be fair minded once they got to trust me. I always spoke to them with respect for them and for me. Oh! And yes working for myself is great. Power to the people, is right. ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Back