Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Urgent Question About Pulex Rubber (Hard)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dodger

I've just had some Pulex 'Hard' rubber delivered this morning and it's wierd, should this stuff be more pliable than the Unger soft I've been using or have they sent me the Soft one by mistake.

It just feels softer and I can feel more drag on the squeegee straight away, when I try to fan every time I change direction it stops dead and jumps on the glass.

To be frank this stuff is rubbish.

lol i hate the pulex hard, you have no movement on the glass, as you said it just sops and jumps along the window

I just wanted to try something different to see if I could get on with dogearing cos couldn't with the Unger soft but jeeze this stuff has more drag without dogearing it's rubbish.

I'm off to screwfix in morning then to pick up some Unger and then order some more from wcw or somewhere dagnabit. They say it's world famous and I can see why, it's not for the right reasons lol.

I can't seem to get my head round the fact that this stuff is so soft when I asked for hard, surely it shouldn't be more pliable than the unger soft.

So much for customer service at www.windowcleaningstuff.co.uk they can't even be bothered to answer an email so may have sent me wrong stuff and can't be bothered to answer an email.

Bye Bye won't be shopping there again.

Hard should be stiffer than soft so you may have been sent the wrong stuff, never liked hard myself, it doesn't move nicely on the glass. I don't even really like the Wagtail rubber because I find that too hard and that's kind of a medium.

I had hard pulex on the side, as I was waiting to finish off the soft.

Went to window cleaning shop, and asking about difference, brought aload of soft ungers.

Next day started using hard pulex, cleans the glass better, no lines on the edges like the soft, but find that if dont push on the squeegee hard, then the rubber in the middle skips along the glass so leaves lines in the middle(kept thinking it got knackered).

Am going to use them up, till they are knackered may aswell, not going to waste even tho they are a waste of money lol.

i use hard unger soft lasts me a day if that can doi 2 in a day hard lasts me a good few days yeah im heavy handed lol;)

Back