Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Booster pump fittings

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Good evening chaps. Just about to purchase the following booster pump for my 4040 RO;

https://www.xline-systems.co.uk/en/xline-shop-2/filters-filter-systems/filter-systems/240v-booster-pump-with-electronic-shutoff-detail

When you look at the products individually it tells you that they have 1'' outlets. I want to just run my JG pipe through it and the biggest connection I can get for 1/2'' JG hose is 3/4''.

@Tuffers is this the pump you have and if so do you know the fitting sizes as I know you have JG connections on yours. If not then I might be reliant on the expertise of @spruce... Any help would be appreciated chaps.

Good evening chaps. Just about to purchase the following booster pump for my 4040 RO;

https://www.xline-systems.co.uk/en/xline-shop-2/filters-filter-systems/filter-systems/240v-booster-pump-with-electronic-shutoff-detail

When you look at the products individually it tells you that they have 1'' outlets. I want to just run my JG pipe through it and the biggest connection I can get for 1/2'' JG hose is 3/4''.

@Tuffers is this the pump you have and if so do you know the fitting sizes as I know you have JG connections on yours. If not then I might be reliant on the expertise of @spruce... Any help would be appreciated chaps.

Just looked at the link Paddy. Be careful as I'm not sure you're buying a 'ready to go' booster? I have what looks the same (might be a different model number, who knows?) I bought mine from Gardiners already wired up. I paid £350+ for mine. I don't think Gardiners sell boosters anymore. If you did buy the booster from xline maybe @Alex Gardiner could point you in the right direction for the fittings and wires you'll need.

Here's a picture of mine for reference.

IMG_1167.JPG

Just looked at the link Paddy. Be careful as I'm not sure you're buying a 'ready to go' booster? I have what looks the same (might be a different model number, who knows?) I bought mine from Gardiners already wired up. I paid £350+ for mine. I don't think Gardiners sell boosters anymore. If you did buy the booster from xline maybe @Alex Gardiner could point you in the right direction for the fittings and wires you'll need.

Here's a picture of mine for reference.

View attachment 16278

You've made a good point there @Tuffers regarding the wiring up of the unit. I'm sure its quite easy to do but if I remember correctly, Alex had a tick box where you could have him wire it up for a small additional fee.

@P4dstar, why not contact Xline and ask them if they can do this if you don't feel confident in doing it yourself? I would also ask them to supply the right fittings for you to use with JG tubing.

If not a 1" female to 1/2" male reducer will be available somewhere.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brass-BSP-Taper-thread-Adapters-Male-to-Female-Nipple-Reducing-Bush-Sockets/302731783065?hash=item467c386b99:m:mN4-6YdKeZ0w9LvhVE316XA

Last edited by a moderator:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I've been told they offer to send it good to go, just the connections on the inlet and outlet to fix. By the look of it I need one male to female and one female to male which saves me the hassle of knowing which is which ?

You've made a good point there @Tuffers regarding the wiring up of the unit. I'm sure its quite easy to do but if I remember correctly, Alex had a tick box where you could have him wire it up for a small additional fee.

@P4dstar, why not contact Xline and ask them if they can do this if you don't feel confident in doing it yourself? I would also ask them to supply the right fittings for you to use with JG tubing.

If not a 1" female to 1/2" male reducer will be available somewhere.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brass-BSP-Taper-thread-Adapters-Male-to-Female-Nipple-Reducing-Bush-Sockets/302731783065?hash=item467c386b99:m:mN4-6YdKeZ0w9LvhVE316XA
Thanks mate, I think you're right i'll give them a call Tuesday and see what they say.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back