Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cheap options for Ubik tank + pole / spray applicator

DeLaCruz

Recently i used a hand held garden centre sprayer to apply my Ubik mix to my brush then brushed onto some high heavily soiled guttering, overall it worked but seemed like a slow way to apply it with all the extending / spraying as i moved along the gutter. Also some of the very stubborn green stuff was left and needed a few more going overs. Afterwards I did a low level pipe with the hand held sprayer and the soiling just rinsed off so easily.

That made me think i gotta get kitted out with a dedicated tank for the ubik and spray nozzle on a pole. What cheap tank / pole options are you guys using for getting the ubik onto anything from ground floor up to 3rd floor (20fi ish) gutters? 

We use a Gardiner backpack and clx 27 pole with a softwashing nozzle of Ben Marriot at Rutland pumps we use Virosol and keep a mix permanently in the backpack works very well

Recently i used a hand held garden centre sprayer to apply my Ubik mix to my brush then brushed onto some high heavily soiled guttering, overall it worked but seemed like a slow way to apply it with all the extending / spraying as i moved along the gutter. Also some of the very stubborn green stuff was left and needed a few more going overs. Afterwards I did a low level pipe with the hand held sprayer and the soiling just rinsed off so easily.

That made me think i gotta get kitted out with a dedicated tank for the ubik and spray nozzle on a pole. What cheap tank / pole options are you guys using for getting the ubik onto anything from ground floor up to 3rd floor (20fi ish) gutters? 
dont overcomplicate it....all you need is a backpack with your chemical of choice in it...simple plug your normal pole in,apply the chems then plug your pole back into your van system and scrub/rinse away.....simple and quick....

Yep I agree. If you haven’t got a backpack use an 11 litre garden pump up spray bottle. Rectus fitting on the hose from it. As above just plug it in your pole apply and then rinse. I always use tap if there is one. 

thanks very much everyone for the great advice.

general question - can i use one of these: http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=361345433113&category=50365&pm=1&ds=0&t=1539334146000&ver=0

and just add the correct fitting to attach my WFP to the garden pumps hose ? possibly a cheaper solution until i can afford another dedicated back pack ( as i already have a gardiner backpack but i use it for pure water cleaning on the hard to reach balconies so would be nice to have a cheap tank dedicated to applying the cleaner solutions ). or would the height of a high gutter make the pressure system on them kinda worthless for the task ?

any recommendations for cheap garden pump and spray would be appreciated 

Last edited by a moderator:

general question - can i use one of these: http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=361345433113&category=50365&pm=1&ds=0&t=1539334146000&ver=0

and just add the correct fitting to attach my WFP to the garden pumps hose ? possibly a cheaper solution until i can afford another dedicated back pack ( as i already have a gardiner backpack but i use it for pure water cleaning on the hard to reach balconies so would be nice to have a cheap tank dedicated to applying the cleaner solutions ). or would the height of a high gutter make the pressure system on them kinda worthless for the task ?

Yes it will work but will use a fair bit of liquid it’s difficult to pump and use the pole at the same time , just put a connection on the  sprayer outlet hose that’s compatible with your pole hose 

Yes it will work but will use a fair bit of liquid it’s difficult to pump and use the pole at the same time , just put a connection on the  sprayer outlet hose that’s compatible with your pole hose 
The pressure lasts for quite a long while. No need to pump and use the pole at the same time. I just pump it up when moving along to the next section of gutter if it needs it. Don’t use a lot of liquid either. Got a tap on the pole to control it. 

Doesn't take that much rinsing out, to be honest, a couple of fills and it's rinsed out that's all I used to do after doing f.s.g cleans then clean my own windows and check them after to be certain, if money's to tight to mention all I used was a spare pole with hose outside the pole insert a fan jet into the top of the pole hose and clamp with an O clip then tape to angle adapter worked a treat. 

The pressure lasts for quite a long while. No need to pump and use the pole at the same time. I just pump it up when moving along to the next section of gutter if it needs it. Don’t use a lot of liquid either. Got a tap on the pole to control it. 

I used to do it that way and found it a right faff , yes it does work but you need to keep pumping it up to get a decent spray pattern , I have a pump up ik 9 it’s ok for spot spraying but doing a whole house the battery powered backpack is far easier , quicker , and no pumping up .

Back