Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window cleaning (more than just window cleaning).

mupps

At the ripe old ge of 59 (60 this year) I have been runing my window cleaning business for around 7 years. I have a good customer base and all of my customers are great to have as regular cleans. Over the years I have been in many managerial rolls - sales manager - product trainer - team leader - hire shop manager - wedding photgrapher, and I also had a marketing company selling corporate clothing/business stationary. Window cleaning came along as a part time few hours a week while I was trying to make my mind up what I really wanted to do as a living later in life. After running the window cleaning business for the past 7 years I have never turned back! The customer base grew slowly at first but then created it's own momentum enabling me to make a good living. I have always been a believer in giving a good service in whatever business I'm involved with or whoever you work for. 

I have found that over time with this business window cleaning is more than just cleaning peoples windows. You build up over time a good rapport/relationship with the customers and give them a service that they look forward to everytime you turn up on a regular basis. Customers always love a chat and are always pleased and grateful for the service provided. It is one of the services in their lives that isn't something that they have to have - unlike like running costs of their homes utility bills/food etc. It is a luxury that they are paying for and something that they can see what they are getting for their money.

I am really happy and proud to have a lovely customer base, and really enjoy getting up in the morning for work knowing that it will be another day dealing with people that appreciate the service that I can give. 

Window cleaning is an important service for a lot of people out there and to the ones that take pride of their homes, we are a great add on!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely agree with the sentiment of this post. Without a doubt the best part of the job is having a banter with customers (since window cleaning in itself is pretty boring).

Also when I meet some of the lonely, housebound, elderly customers with various health problems etc... It actually puts you own problems into perspective. It's quite humbling sometimes to think that the window cleaner arriving to clean their windows is actually the highlight of their day.

I wouldn't say that window cleaning is boring at all! Especially when you've made something almost look like new again and clean. Very satisfying I would say ??

Back