Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Scrim

WCF

Help Support WCF:

boldy

how do you prepair your scrim for duty.

i have just got a grade A and i have been advised to boil the scrim for 10 min with a dash of vinagar then cool off and again same steps.

what do you do?

Use mine as seal cloths for a week then wash em on a boil wash. Seals again then boil wash then ok. Don't know about the vinegar.

I done what masons suggested, used it as a sill cloth and wash them, that prepares them well

Buy pre washed ones lol .

But i find even those are not as good as bedded in ones .

Just use them as general sill cloth's and seal cloth's for a few days then wack em in the washer .

i wipe the sills on my van ,polish the sills and then wipe inside all the door shuts ,anywhere rough ,then wash em and theyre ok to use

i use a wet wipe down cloth in one pocket then a couple of dry scrims in the other pocket just bought a leather aswell wich i find is great for leaded windows i have been using dry scrims a long time now i no window cleaners who still use them wet but they shure hurt your hands when you rince them out and using them wet i find it can leave marks on the windows.

Back