Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Has anyone been sued for pressure washing block paving?

triangle

Been pressure washing some block paving three times in last two years on a block of flats.   This guy who lives there asks me to.  However, I am paid by a property management company.  They have my invoices.

Worried I met get sued for damage to blockpaving in the future.  it's a massive drive.   Worried about insurance cover as well.  I asked if garden services (which I have) covers cheap electric washers and was told it does two years ago.   when I asked a year later the public liability company said they were not sure.

When I googled pressure washing claims it seems to be slips and damage to house walls.  Well in the States.   Couldn't find blockpaving damage cases.   Am I overworrying?  

in the picture there are two blocks just under 10mm higher than the ones next to it.

spacer.png

20190329_172835.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I would check with your current insurer , if not try and get a policy that covers the work you do shouldn’t cost too much 

As long as you’re insured I wouldn’t worry I’m with gleaming and they cover me but for 249 bar not 250 bar ?‍♂️ I’m thinking about putting a 21lpm 200bar pump on instead now ?‍♂️

just make sure you are covered just incase, there's far to many idiots about that love to claim for something.

I heard a bout a guy who was pressure washing a drive, where there was an outside oil tank for the property heating, he damaged feed pipe to the house and didn't realise he had damaged it. The leaking oil damaged the structure of the property.... He went out of business.

I heard a bout a guy who was pressure washing a drive, where there was an outside oil tank for the property heating, he damaged feed pipe to the house and didn't realise he had damaged it. The leaking oil damaged the structure of the property.... He went out of business.
Heard about from where? A credible news source or down the pub? . . . . I heard Elvis was alive and well and living in Tunbridge Wells, but I have my doubts

The sinking is caused by the sun base washing away. It is the customers responsibility to resand or repoint an area of paving in advance of any maintenance. If the sand or pointing was not strong enough when you began you can’t be held responsible. If it was pointed and you start you’d have to blast the pointing out and walk away leaving it like that. Later it would sink because of water getting into the sub base. If you come across an area where the pointing is brittle and removing easily you should stop and inform the customer. They will likely give you the thumbs up to carry on and say they’ll get it repointed. The grout should be nearly as strong as the stone, that’s what bonds it together after all.

Heard about from where? A credible news source or down the pub? . . . . I heard Elvis was alive and well and living in Tunbridge Wells, but I have my doubts
It was mentioned by a guy on pressure wash facebook groups.Is it true is fake? I don't know for certain. But one thing I do take from that story is if I am working at properties with oil tanks and there is pipe work visible I am very careful with the turbo around them.

Last edited:
Drive ways like any structures come under all elements and gradually over time become weak and its easy to blame someone who is unlucky enough for it to give out on imo be good to point out any issues to customer before hand

Latest Posts

Back