Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Starting back up

Jaxh89

A few years ago i decided to sell my business due to most of the customers being a pain to collect money from and i went back working in the electrical industry. 2 years on i'm itching to start back up my own business again an build from scratch instead of buying rounds.

What type of van would you all recommend? 

I'm going to be doing window cleaning, gutter clearance so will have a vac, and driveways and patios.

Also i'll be needing a website, so if anyone can recommend a web designer who can make me a site, that will get me good results ill really appreciate it.

Cheers 

All depends on budget if you’ve got a decent amount to spend I’d get the biggest van I could with a good payload... I bought a old Citroen dispatch when I first started and now 6 months on it’s too small for the tank, vac, backpack, pressure washer and all the other bits you end up with. 

I’m looking into the custom or proace (proace has a great payload & longer warranty). 

Regarding the website I think gav comes highly recommend on here 

my only worry with the transits, a lot of them in my area get stolen.

can anyone on here give me a link to your site what gavs done?
I had van locker from Croydon come round my house and remove the ford lock (they are pony) and replace with a heavy duty stainless steel lock.

The clever part was, I can use the same key as I use with the deadlocks they fitted. ?

I personally think the transit is the best drive, and best looking medium size van out there, however, ford do not help fitting poor security locks 

Why on Earth do Ford to this very day and after so many years continue to issue such utter **** locks? SURELY they know by now what kind of a reputation their locks have it honestly boggles my mind.

Back