Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Removing paint from a patio

Incheck

Hey fellas, does anyone have any products in mind (paint thinners) or otherwise, that would be great for removing paint from a patio. I’ve priced up a fsg & patio clean to do for my best mates mum.

Since i priced it up she’s painted the pergola and kicked a tin of paint over the patio in the process. I’ve never really had any “painted” patios to do before so don’t really know what products are tried/tested and proven,

cheers in advance    

What type of paint us it water based emulsion, oil based gloss etc ? Depending what it is will depend what will remove it 

I rang her and she said it’s just “garden paint” ?‍♂️ It’s a wooden pergola so...?‍♂️ She did throw sand down on it straight away so i dont know how bad its going to be. 

I just didnt fancy buying any old product off the top of my head. She has said shes not concerned if it doesnt come off but obviously id like to try my best. 

Maybe some kind of graffiti removal gel might do the trick who knows

I rang her and she said it’s just “garden paint” ?‍♂️ It’s a wooden pergola so...?‍♂️ She did throw sand down on it straight away so i dont know how bad its going to be. 

I just didnt fancy buying any old product off the top of my head. She has said shes not concerned if it doesnt come off but obviously id like to try my best. 

Maybe some kind of graffiti removal gel might do the trick who knows
Sounds like it could be a wooden fence type of paint or stain Ime guessing that some of it will have soaked into the concrete surface so will be very  difficult to remove it all , like you say if you can find out what paint it is then you should be able to get a solvent for it unless it’s water based , I think once that’s dried there isn’t a product that will remove it , decent pressurewasher with turbo nozzle might get rid of most of it 

Aye i’ve got a turbo nozzle so well see how that works. I’ve just seen a guy stripping a “painted patio” for some reason the previous house owner painted the patio slabs ? he used a 15 degree nozzle at a relatively horizontal angle and worked well. But as you say, if its soaked in to the slabs then it could be a mare ?

Back