Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van Sign Writing

Joshyouare

Hi again guys, hope you're all well, been lurking about as I always do ?

I've bought this Fiat Doblo Cargo 55 plate, 1.3 MultiJet for 600 quid. 90k Mileage, no advisories so fairly happy with that (I believe its an alright purchase anyway).

Anyway, now that I've got a van finally, I was wondering whether I should sign write it straight away or wait until I've got a bit more income, what I should be expecting to pay, if anyone knows of a decent place to get it done, would you get someone to put it on the van for you, and if someone wouldn't mind giving me a bit of advice on the actual design that I've uploaded that'd be great.

Insurance is 2000 over 12 months which is an absolute nuisance but it's probably one of the cheapest vans I can insure  ? Also, am I right in saying that road tax went up? Saying 260 for the year for a little diesel - maybe that's just what it is? Have looked but there doesn't seem to be many stats on the van, on the van selling websites or google.

29f91381fb646a89a949011751ee9350.png

c069877cc0ed8781c367e999221cac3c.png

What does the blue hexagon represent? I'd try and get the lettering inside of the panels on the side door. Maybe lose the hexagon and change the colour of some of the wording to make it look more interesting. The sides look too cluttered.

What does the blue hexagon represent? I'd try and get the lettering inside of the panels on the side door. Maybe lose the hexagon and change the colour of some of the wording to make it look more interesting. The sides look too cluttered.
Hexagon is just part of the logo, and thanks for feedback, the way the panels go in is quite annoying, would you put in the fascias and soffits and conservatory bit? I'm thinking the gutters bit is important but not sure about the other bits? Cheers

The first side view is the best but I think you could do something better with it. Maybe put the collinsclean.co.uk below your phone number, that would free up some space for the window cleaning, conservatories, gutters etc to be moved down lower. You could use your hexagon logo as bullit points using the same colour blue to use next to the services you provide.

The first side view is the best but I think you could do something better with it. Maybe put the collinsclean.co.uk below your phone number, that would free up some space for the window cleaning, conservatories, gutters etc to be moved down lower. You could use your hexagon logo as bullit points using the same colour blue to use next to the services you provide.
Appreciate that @Tuffers Cheers ?

Don't forget to inform your insurance that you have signwritting as it's classed as a modification, I just recently taxed my Vauxhall combo and that was £250 

TBH I wouldn't bother paying for sign-writing for a 12 year old van. Get a magnetic sign from http://www.signs4vans.co.uk/

I used them & the speed of dispatch along with the quality of the signs was excellent. Also you can use them on your next van.

Whats wrong with signwriting a 12 year old van?? :1f609: :1f602:

View attachment 16311
I wouldn't hesitate sign writing a 12 year old van. I did the same thing when I started out. You can only work with the "canvas" you have at the time. It's important to, be and look professional from day one. It's an advertisement board to bring in new customers and they will take you more seriously. Probably pay for itself within a year and you can change /evolve the design if you want to when you replace with a newer van. That's what I did anyway. Trouble with magnetic signs, I think, is that they don't really look professional, they look like you're possibly just giving a trade a half hearted try (if this doesn't work ill buy another set of signs and try : grass cutting, oven cleaning, dog grooming, mobile, toenail clipping or something) . I know some folk use them long term and make a living but I wouldn't. 

I could be wrong of course. ☺

PS, nowt wrong with the van in the photo above, I'd be proud to drive it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats wrong with signwriting a 12 year old van?? :1f609: :1f602:

View attachment 16311

By my calculations that's an 11 year old van! ?. Looks very nice too!

The point I'm trying to make is with regard Return on Investment (ROI). For example if you spend £250 on sign-writing a 55-plate van your ROI will most likely not be as good compared to spending £250 on sign-writing for say a 65-plate van. Magnetic signs have worked very well for me in the past - although now I don't use them since I have a full round.

I have had magnetic signs on my motors in the past and and only had them on the tailgate of my truck and paid over £80 and I now have my van fully signed and it only cost £187 so not that expensive. 

I would ditch the call for a free quote it's totally outdated and not needed use the space for something else. 

Defo sign your van. 

Drop the 'cleaning' from Collins cleaning cause they'll get that when they see 'Window cleaning' 

Make the Window Cleaning as big as possible and your phone number. 

Not a large van so don't waste space with 'connies, gutters etc'

We just had a van that size signed and fitted and cost £180. 

If it get's just 1 customer at £10 per month that stays for 2 years it has paid itself.  So regarding ROI definitely worth it.  

Don't forget to inform your insurance that you have signwritting as it's classed as a modification, I just recently taxed my Vauxhall combo and that was £250 
Direct Line , do not charge extra if your vans sigh written , they just need to know.

Latest Posts

Back