Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Charging backpack in the van?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Paul600

Does anyone charge their trolley or backpack in the van rather than taking indoors every night?

Would you just connect it to a leisure battery? 

I think the battery is too small to connect it to a split charge relay on its own?

Always charge it in the van. My mrs has a phobia of anything being left on charge overnight in the house since all these cheap devices have been reported of setting on fire etc. I just run a 4 way extension lead from my outside plug into the van. Also charge both my leisure battery’s that way at the same time. 

Sorry I mean charge it from a power source in the van rather than plugged into mains. I don't have parking outside my house and I  have to leave the van parked sometimes a couple of streets away. Pain in the bum keep taking it out and indoors. Just want to plug it into the battery in the van so it's done automatically

Sorry I mean charge it from a power source in the van rather than plugged into mains. I don't have parking outside my house and I  have to leave the van parked sometimes a couple of streets away. Pain in the bum keep taking it out and indoors. Just want to plug it into the battery in the van so it's done automatically

You need a pure sinewave inverter that will boost 12v to 220 volt and use the standard charger.

Now you might be able to get away with a modified sinewave inverter but I would spend the extra money and go for an inverter that mimicks household electricity exactly.

You need to do a bit of research as to the size required. Do you go bigger to cover an future needs or not? How much power does you charger draw? But remember, this will draw additional power from you battery which your alternator might not have enough time to replace during the following day's motoring.

If you look harder, you might be able to find a 12v charger that will suffice for your backpack, but as the backpack battery is 12v (the same as your leisure battery/starter battery) this will be expensive as it also has to take amps from the battery and boost it, so it can charge your 12v backpack. 

Ahh right. In that case I’d just take it in the house. 

Back