Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Expensive Van insurance

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Lewis Cuff

just brought a 06 citron dispatch,

as I am age 20 am finding it hard to find any insurance for under £4000,

one of the reasons for this is because of most insurance company's will not allow a water tank,

Any ideas will be most appreciated

just brought a 06 citron dispatch,

as I am age 20 am finding it hard to find any insurance for under £4000,

one of the reasons for this is because of most insurance company's will not allow a water tank,

Any ideas will be most appreciated

Try Alexander swan 01793616773 , I don’t know what they are like with younger drivers but water tanks arnt a problem 

I'm just about to turn 19 and got mine fully insured for 2000 over the year or 1750 I think, if I was to pay upfront.

No where did I tell them about a water tank to be honest (not got one yet but will be getting one).

Which sites are you using? For me thevaninsurer has been very good. As insurance is so expensive for me at my age I obviously looked around and probably put every single van you could imagine in for a quote. Isn't the dispatch a 1.9? The difference between my 1.3 diesel and a 1.9 diesel for me was massive.

Not really sure other than that, additional drivers didn't reduce it at all. 

As said above, alexander swann or A-plan are good for "tank in van" insurance. Though Vans are generally more to insure as I assume they are considered high risk as theives may target them more due to the chance of having goods/tools in them that are worth something. Which is ok when your car insurance is normally £200 and the van is £400, but when as a "yoof" you pay £1500 for a car, double that for a van isn't much fun!

You could try adding your mum/dad/girlfriend/wife etc... as a named driver. Sometimes this reduces the premium.

You definitely need to declare the fact that you are carrying a water tank otherwise this could invalidate your insurance if you have an accident.

That’s terrible mate im sorry. I’m £110 a month, almost as much as my payments on the van itself. In reality it’s a total ripoff. Your upfront and legit with them about the water tank, battery to run the pump etc and they just take all they can, which sucks especially as when your starting up your already strapped for cash!

At the age of 43 and no NCB  I was getting quotes over 1k try Admiral insurance, I am paying less than £300 a year with the tank declared 

Just had my renewal with Direct Line gone up £70 with Admiral cheaper by over £100 but no protected no claims on Admiral.

Cheers for this thread.

Whether you pay a premium to have your ncb protected in the event of an accident they will still be wack your insurance up, basically just a scam to get more money out of you. 

Another factor would be the value of the vehicle. The pricier then the higher your premium. (well, thats what i'd presume, ive always had old, cheap vehicles)

What i found was my tax has just gone up to £273 a year, (anyone would think its an artic) and thats more than what my insurance is.

Another factor would be the value of the vehicle. The pricier then the higher your premium. (well, thats what i'd presume, ive always had old, cheap vehicles)

What i found was my tax has just gone up to £273 a year, (anyone would think its an artic) and thats more than what my insurance is.
I paid more for insurance on older van, new one is same van just newer and was lot less ,

i think its just down to the company ,

My brother works in insurance. He said its immaterial the age of your vehicle because new or old can still crash into a Rolls Royce and do the same damage.FWIW
 yes i guess thats it. And I think they go more on statistics. like more people crash with older vehicles as 1) maybe they spend more money on drink etc and are higher risk 2) the vehicle may be more knackered and more like to crash and so on and so on. Its like you move 20 yards up the road and your premium rockets coz a few joy riders live there 

Just to update on this, last insurance year I was on an accelerator policy a 10 month policy given 1 years ncb but only a 304 day policy so I am stuck with Admiral for another year

My renewal came through as another 10 month policy, so I phoned up and requested a 10 month policy which came in at £333 for the year £58 more expensive than my renewal 10 monthly policy but as of now next year's I will have 2 full years ncb. 

Just had my renewal with Direct Line gone up £70 with Admiral cheaper by over £100 but no protected no claims on Admiral.

Cheers for this thread.
I thought direct line didn’t insure water tanks, I could be wrong though. 

Thats what they told me 2 years ago. 

I’m with LV. Never had a claim though, I always think you know how good a company is when you’ve had a claim. 

I thought direct line didn’t insure water tanks, I could be wrong though. 

Thats what they told me 2 years ago. 

I’m with LV. Never had a claim though, I always think you know how good a company is when you’ve had a claim. 

Last year direct line said no to me and always had, Aviva wanted £1,400, I have around 17 years driving experience, but as my wife had passed her test before me, we always had her as the policy holder and me as a named driver, last year A Plan tried to have me over, so I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole anymore. 

We both started over with no proof of ncb and Admiral worked out the cheapest with good cover and a 5 star rating with defaqato I think it is. 

Back