Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Univalve and JG fittings

WCF

Help Support WCF:

steve garwood

ginger lion
Good morning  fellow windies.

We’ve all read and discovered how difficult it can be removing hoses off the univalves.

I was wondering, if fitting a JG fitting just below and above the univalve would resolve this?

You guys who have gone hoseless must have a fitting somewhere, does this ever disconnect when using the univalve?

If this works, it would make it easy when changing your hose etc ?

Constant pulling on it I would imagine this would happen in no time at all. 

I try not to drag the fittings along the floor too much, but the end still came out a little. There are other types of fittings though that may be a little tougher. 

2290F5DA-5B22-44CE-AC16-43D01240863E.jpeg

Never had a problem and I only use jg fittings 

Very handy to save damaging univalve if replacing hose

Had the odd one break after a few months use but have loads spare and only a 2 second fix

I use the cheap chinese copies also that cost pence and still no issues

Last edited by a moderator:
Never had a problem and I only use jg fittings 

Very handy to save damaging univalve if replacing hose

Had the odd one break after a few months use but have loads spare and only a 2 second fix

I use the cheap chinese copies also that cost pence and still no issues
Sorry to be a pain Dave, but have you a link to those please ??

Last edited by a moderator:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
JG's are all I use as well. I used to have one either side of my univalve but not any more. I hardly ever took mine out so didn't think it was worth it. The more connections you have the more likely something's going to come apart, and mine did a couple of times. However, as another poster has said they're quick to replace anyhoo.

Good morning  fellow windies.

We’ve all read and discovered how difficult it can be removing hoses off the univalves.

I was wondering, if fitting a JG fitting just below and above the univalve would resolve this?

You guys who have gone hoseless must have a fitting somewhere, does this ever disconnect when using the univalve?

If this works, it would make it easy when changing your hose etc ?

We've never done it any different. I call it "hot swappable" So if a univalve fails each van has a spare. Takes around a minute to swap over! To stop the hose pulling out you can use barbed JG fittings or the Red collars Gardiner include.

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pump-hose/hose-fittings-adapters/john-guest-fittings/metric-fittings/john-guest-8mm-stem-to-6mm-barb.html

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pump-hose/hose-fittings-adapters/john-guest-fittings/metric-fittings/push-fit-8mm-to-8mm-straight-connector-in-black.html

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/goosenecks-pole-fittings/gooseneck-parts/red-clip-for-push-fit-t-connector-for-quick-loq.html

Latest Posts

Back