Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Have you knocked my satellite dish with your brush?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Rickadoo

Anyone had this? “Have you knocked my satellite dish with your brush?” Just had it off a custy tonight who, annoyingly is also a friend of my wife’s sister. Anyway she says the telly went off the day I cleaned the windows and the local tv shop wants to charge her £100 for a new dish. I said I don’t think I’ve knocked it and the bolts are really tight on them I’d be surprised if you could move it. These things are designed to withstand gusts of wind and never budge.  (I’ve clattered dishes with my ladder before and they don’t budge. I’ve snapped the plastic arms on them that hold the lnb before but the dishes themselves tend not to move.) If I thought I’d damaged it I’d fix it myself or pay to have it done. Thinking of going round over the weekend and offering to have a look at it. It’s probably the wiring inside the house tho. I’m confident it’s not my fault but If she genuinely thinks I’ve broken it, id rather fix it than not. 

Don't even entertain it Mate if you didn't do anything, simple "nope I didn't knock or go near your dish" 

By going round there on a Saturday to try and fix it you look guilty as hell!!! People are chancers like you say those things are made to have gales hail stones allsorts smash them she has a fault and your a good option to get it paid for to them!!

Anyone had this? “Have you knocked my satellite dish with your brush?” Just had it off a custy tonight who, annoyingly is also a friend of my wife’s sister. Anyway she says the telly went off the day I cleaned the windows and the local tv shop wants to charge her £100 for a new dish. I said I don’t think I’ve knocked it and the bolts are really tight on them I’d be surprised if you could move it. These things are designed to withstand gusts of wind and never budge.  (I’ve clattered dishes with my ladder before and they don’t budge. I’ve snapped the plastic arms on them that hold the lnb before but the dishes themselves tend not to move.) If I thought I’d damaged it I’d fix it myself or pay to have it done. Thinking of going round over the weekend and offering to have a look at it. It’s probably the wiring inside the house tho. I’m confident it’s not my fault but If she genuinely thinks I’ve broken it, id rather fix it than not. 

I had exactly the same thing happen to me a month ago. The house is a new build bungalow and the sky dish is low down in the side passage. There is a window close by but not near enough for me to knock it. While I was cleaning the rear the bloke came out and asked if I'd knocked the dish as sky had gone off. I told him I hadn't touched it and we both went and had a look at the dish. I even tried to wiggle it and it didn't budge. I'm due back there next week so I'll find out what happened.

I had this happen on my own house I had the pole on my shoulder walked under the dish and hit the dish with the brush , didn’t think anything about it at the time , in the evening the tv wouldn’t work , I looked at the dish and I had knocked one of the connections off the dish just plugged it in again and everything worked fine , don’t know if what you are saying could be the same thing or not , but might be worth a look 

i would personally recommend getting a professional out to see it and pay a call out charge for them to do an inspection or Just do what you feel in your heart is right.

I wouldn't go tampering with it further if you dont know what you're doing or they could try and pin something else on you once they see you up there tampering. 

Ive been in a similar situation and paid £60 for the electrician to say it wasn't my fault. Custy was having none of it but what the hell to save a full on dispute and all the aggro that comes with it i just knocked it on the head and got on with my day, i can make £60 back in an hour doing a gutter job or something.

i sacked off the job as a future precautionary measure as they are clearly chancers, and im moving on with life. There are some odd uns out there ?

we all have our little mishaps or one of those days, dont worry about it they cant hang you

Tell her to check connections as HDMI cables at the back of the box and phone sky no doubt she pays them plenty 

Annoyingly I have done this.

I was busy chatting to jake (my worker) and wasn’t concentrating as I moved my pole from one upstairs window to another.

It wacked into the receiver arm sticking out.

Within a minute the customer was out.

He’s a nice guy and was ok about it.

I got my ladder of the van and tried to readjust it until he got a picture.

It wasn’t perfect, so in the end I gave him the £60 to get a sky engineer out ?.

Only myself to blame on this one

Bit different, but similar potentials. That cheap rubbish beading glued on above the top of some windows. had one come off when i was cleaning the other day. Was already flapping loose before I started. left a note and waiting to hear if they are assholes or not. This is more and more common now, as these cheap builds get older, the beading is starting to come away. Is gonna have to mean some frame bits dont get done. think as well, keep some decent stuff in van to fix myself if poss.

I have accidentally hit dishes a few times never had anyone say anything. If your did clip it you would no never say your unsure because you would definitely no, if you feel bad about it offer to tap it with the pole and see if it gets the signal again but dont offer to pay if in doubt 

I went to the house where I had a problem with a sky dish. I asked the bloke if there was any further problems with it. Cobwebs were the problem he said. As I walked past the dish I noticed it was covered in cobwebs still ?

Back