Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Spotless Water Gone

Green Pro Clean Ltd

I have not yet used Spotless as no need for it myself but I always get the email.... 

Great news!!! New Station Opening blah blah blah....... 

After talking on the phone to them once it turns out all these 'coming soon' sites are coming as soon as there is enough registered users in that area showing interest.  (That kinda makes business sense) 

Last trip to Corby I did a quick youtube vid on the one there as some of you will have seen. 

On the phone to my guy in Corby last night and he says it has now gone!  

No fanfare, no announcements, just gone. 

I guess not enough demand there. 

Moral?  Dont become reliant on your local Spotless station? 

In a business sense I didn't expect it to succeed unless they paid no water rates. The arithmetic doesn't make sense. They charge £36 for 1000 litres so I'm told. Anyone can buy a 25kg bag of resin for maybe £72 and make much more pure and they don't need to travel to a station. I think you will quickly see the rest closing down fairly quickly. Anyone could hang around the station and offer pure at half price and still make a great proof by poaching their customers. No its a none starter regarding a business venture. What they may do is franchise it and pass the risk on to the owner of the franchise.  

They charge £36 for 1000 litres so I'm told. Anyone can buy a 25kg bag of resin for maybe £72 and make much more pure and they don't need to travel to a station.
They charge as little as 3p per litre if you have an account from what I've seen. The resin argument really depends where you live. When I was DI only my TDS was 150-175 (Nowadays it's 125-315 but that's a different story) It used to cost me 2p per litre to purify DI only. Think of the guys in the north east where the TDS reaches 650 I believe in Hartlepool. If there was a spotless station round the corner from me I would have used it and never bought an RO. I wouldn't however travel 20 miles to the nearest filling station so they would be reliant on local customers IMO.

I use spotless water every week and have found them great.

I do however think that their business model really only works in high use urban areas. 

In london where I’m based and work there are 3 filling stations all with a few miles of either my house or my work. If I had to travel  20 miles to get water I’d have to seriously think about producing my own.

like GreenPro already said, if you are relying on a single station for your water then start thinking about a plan B in case the station was closed. Last thing you need would be to pitch up and see that it has been moved and you’ve got a good days work booked but no water on board!!?

like GreenPro already said, if you are relying on a single station for your water then start thinking about a plan B in case the station was closed. Last thing you need would be to pitch up and see that it has been moved and you’ve got a good days work booked but no water on board!!?
If they were ever going to work they needed to be reliable. Some people live in little villages where there is only one shop and become reliant on that shop being open, that forces the shop to become reliable. Some places don't make you as much profit as you expect but you need to work hard to make them profitable or in some cases accept a loss to build a good reputation.

Once the unit was there and installed the best course of action would have been to email or even call all the local window cleaners, make them aware the unit is there. Send them some vouchers for 500L free or something and really build the hype. I haven't researched Spotless outside of looking on their website but I remember @Green Pro Clean Ltd once pointed out they were employing a ''If they come we will build it'' attitude instead of a ''If we build it they will come''.

Got to be honest, i thought it was a winner of an idea. My local suppliers are two - One charges an access fee per month to gain entry with unlimited water. Great idea but the fee is a bit high for a newbie like me so I pay him £X for a one off and meet him there in the morning to fill up my barrels.

The other is up in the air. He closed down but then reopened but at the moment isn't supplying windys for some odd reason. He assured me he'd be open "next week" and would text me but that was over a month back. He offers water by the litre with no access fees which would have worked better for me to start with until i could afford to switch over to the other supplier.

Spotless have a "coming soon" site near me which would be ideal - get a fob, have access at any time of the day (or night), top up by the litre and be gone. Perfect for newbies so i was watching the website with keen interest hoping it would open soon. Guess i'll be disappointed now?

Spotless is expensive. If i used them my company would go bankrupt !  We use a lot of water, we use over 30,000 litres of water per month , all our water is produced through double DI, we have 4 taps and each tap has

2x 11litre DI's on them,,, we have to change the resin once per week, our water is only 100ppm so double DI has served me well in my 6/7 years of trading ?

di.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got to be honest, i thought it was a winner of an idea. My local suppliers are two - One charges an access fee per month to gain entry with unlimited water. Great idea but the fee is a bit high for a newbie like me so I pay him £X for a one off and meet him there in the morning to fill up my barrels.

The other is up in the air. He closed down but then reopened but at the moment isn't supplying windys for some odd reason. He assured me he'd be open "next week" and would text me but that was over a month back. He offers water by the litre with no access fees which would have worked better for me to start with until i could afford to switch over to the other supplier.

Spotless have a "coming soon" site near me which would be ideal - get a fob, have access at any time of the day (or night), top up by the litre and be gone. Perfect for newbies so i was watching the website with keen interest hoping it would open soon. Guess i'll be disappointed now?
Hi Tango, I have a feeling you may use the same site as me? hit me up on a PM mate.  Myself and other cleaners are finding it hard in kent to find water at present...

While I am here, does anyone know of any pure water suppliers in north kent? Thank you

Spotless phoned me today they are looking at putting one in Chelmsford and Southend,  I personally don’t need  them but I guess they are gauging interest to see if ROI is worth it. 

Spotless phoned me today they are looking at putting one in Chelmsford and Southend,  I personally don’t need  them but I guess they are gauging interest to see if ROI is worth it. 
With your dodgy shoulder, back, hip, knee and little pinky they'll have to put an extra light nozzle on for you if you did use them  :1f618:

Bit of a treck but i know there is a site in Canterbury - a straight run down the M2 at 17 miles each way. Don't know exactly where it is but it's run my the guy in my area so i can find out. Only snag is he charges £100 a month for access which if you're a newb like me is unaffordable really.

Or maybe bell the windys in the next nearby towns to you and see if they have any suppliers that would work for you?

Last edited by a moderator:
In a business sense I didn't expect it to succeed unless they paid no water rates. The arithmetic doesn't make sense. They charge £36 for 1000 litres so I'm told. Anyone can buy a 25kg bag of resin for maybe £72 and make much more pure and they don't need to travel to a station. I think you will quickly see the rest closing down fairly quickly. Anyone could hang around the station and offer pure at half price and still make a great proof by poaching their customers. No its a none starter regarding a business venture. What they may do is franchise it and pass the risk on to the owner of the franchise.  
You also need access to a tap. Harder than you think sometimes.

We use spotless all over the country, I wish there were more.

personally i dont think you should rely on other companies for your pure water,ok in an emergency though.BUT....invest in a decent system.....itll pay off in the long run....

personally i dont think you should rely on other companies for your pure water,ok in an emergency though.BUT....invest in a decent system.....itll pay off in the long run....

Cant drive home 200 miles to fill up though?

I reckon Spotless water will go bankrupt this year, not enough demand for it. The outlay must be massive and then there is rent and water rates. Who is going to use it day in day out to make it pay the capital never mind the interest on the loan.

Latest Posts

Back