Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Any1 see themselves having over 5,000 regular customers

harunh

Anyone see themselves having over 5,000 regular window cleaning customers one day?

I believe the sky is the limit in the window cleaning game , the scope in window cleaning is phenomenal ! !

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I was thinking.  Subbing out work and I was reckoning on a 25/75 split in their favour. 
That’s about what I paid when I subbed worked. 50/50 is far too much. If the work is already badly priced (which most is. It’s the ‘can’t be bothered working it myself but don’t want to lose it’ work), then it’s not worth the time and if it’s really well priced the risk is they start to undercut but make more, say charge the customer 75% the price and pocket the extra 25%.  

I'm in a pickle ATM. After Xmas I took time out (holiday and Mrs ill). I ended up being a month behind. A load of 8 weekly work became due at the same time as the 4 weekly work. I decided to clean all due work. I did have some 8 weekly fall on a 4 weekly and then some other 8 weekly fall on the next 4 weekly. All 8 weekly now fall on the same 4 weekly. I'm forever juggling work about. I can do without it if I'm honest. I always take on more work when it comes my way. I probably have too much work for one man.

I thought you would do better being a franchisor?

Hows that going for you?
Very well thanks. 

I'm in a pickle ATM. After Xmas I took time out (holiday and Mrs ill). I ended up being a month behind. A load of 8 weekly work became due at the same time as the 4 weekly work. I decided to clean all due work. I did have some 8 weekly fall on a 4 weekly and then some other 8 weekly fall on the next 4 weekly. All 8 weekly now fall on the same 4 weekly. I'm forever juggling work about. I can do without it if I'm honest. I always take on more work when it comes my way. I probably have too much work for one man.
I think you're right

I hope your Mrs gets well soon Tuffers, hope it wasn’t too serious ? dont panic mate family first every time. Most custys are very loyal especially if you've had them for years and they trust you they’ll be more than happy to wait until you’ve found your feet. You could consider hiring a temp to help you catch up, someone you know who is good. a tradder round here fell and broke his leg spent a long time off. Put his work in the hands of another windy just so his customers had clean windows. So you could consider this. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope your Mrs gets well soon Tuffers, hope it wasn’t too serious ? dont panic mate family first every time. Most custys are very loyal especially if you've had them for years and they trust you they’ll be more than happy to wait until you’ve found your feet. You could consider hiring a temp to help you catch up, someone you know who is good. a tradder round here fell and broke his leg spent a long time off. Put his work in the hands of another windy just so his customers had clean windows. So you could consider this. 

Cheers chap, wife is getting better, series of operations ?. I could do with making some of my 8 weekly wait 12 weeks until I'm back into a routine. I hate letting people down and the fear of losing customers due to being unreliable. I've had one of my 8 weekly keep pestering me asking when I'm coming. The problem I have and probably others is if you have both 4 and 8 weekly customers in the same road you want to clean them on the same due date. If I take a week off the 4 weekly go to 5 weeks between the clean and 8 weekly go to 10 weeks between the clean. The ones who go to 10 weeks are the ones who still expect you to come every 8 weeks. It's not doable over a coarse of a year. We all need holidays, bank holidays, Xmas etc and this is what puts a spanner in the works. I've got to try and chill and be a bit more meh.

Bang it all on six weeks...

I have been thinking about 6 weekly, but the thought of reconfiguring it all plus letting them all know and some of the 8 weekly might not want to get cleaned earlier, they might have to go 12 weekly ?Plus the possibility of a reduced income, but I'd have to work out the rounds over 6 weeks before a changeover to see if I'd be full or not.

Bang it all on six weeks...
I would love to do that as am pushing 500 custys now and having to sub some of it out to a mate while I look for someone to work for me properly

Have monthly and 2 monthly 

The monthly wouldn't mind going 6 weekly but how do I get the 2 monthly to go 6 weekly?

Back