Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter vac quote

Pjj

Premium Member
Just priced up this property all other 5 companies they asked said it’s impossible to do from the ground ????? having already done 4 I know that it can ???

2F89B33E-E154-420E-AD7F-FD316AF0B33D.jpeg

DE2A2651-864E-4C3B-BCBF-ED404C27F9C9.jpeg

Aye im thinking along the same lines as part timer. I do sometimes come across downpipes that are blocked solid all the way down, pulled them off the wall to empty them and it comes out in meter long sausages ?

Wed be the 6th company to do a runner i’m certain ?

Did I not see you had done a similar job a while ago? 
Yes we have done 4 in the same road no one else will do them , nice little earner ????

Only thing that would worry me is the second u bend attached to the wall, if blocked there it could mean ladders out.

Worst case senario  and haven’t had to do it on these is put flush pipe up from the bottom , I haven’t had one I couldn’t clear like that yet , famous last words ???

Aye im thinking along the same lines as part timer. I do sometimes come across downpipes that are blocked solid all the way down, pulled them off the wall to empty them and it comes out in meter long sausages ?

Wed be the 6th company to do a runner i’m certain ?
I have priced it so worse case scenario if I have to get it scaffolded ime still coverd  on the cost 

Yes we have done 4 in the same road no one else will do them , nice little earner ????

Worst case senario  and haven’t had to do it on these is put flush pipe up from the bottom , I haven’t had one I couldn’t clear like that yet , famous last words ???
If the bottom is open you could always rod it, no silly comments @P4dstar ? Seem to be finding more and more stuck in the ground.

If the bottom is open you could always rod it, no silly comments @P4dstar ? Seem to be finding more and more stuck in the ground.
Aye, me an all boi bach ? of course the blockage gets deeper and depper then to the point where sometimes a drain company is the best shout.

the good thing about this job Pjj is that you can upsell a 6 month gutter vaccing schedule

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes I have made my own tool that will go up inside any down pipe up to about 50 feet providing the pipe is 35 mm or bigger, if the downpipe  is cemented into the ground we just cut into it and put a cleaning / inspection port in the pipe it’s quite easy to do and looks very professional when done , and gives repeat access if needed . 

Aye, me an all boi bach ? of course the blockage gets deeper and depper then to the point where sometimes a drain company is the best shout.

the good thing about this job Pjj is that you can upsell a 6 month gutter vaccing schedule

I have tried that before but unfortunately they don’t want to pay for that , they wait untill it’s like the picture before they are prepared to do anything about it , the area is renowned   for people not wanting to spent money , I have priced up around 20 houses exactly the same as this and only 4 have ever been done , some houses have been like this for over 15 years , Evan after they have been emptied they will look the same again with in 18 months due to all the seagull ??? stuff growes so fast you wouldn’t believe it .

Yes I have made my own tool that will go up inside any down pipe up to about 50 feet providing the pipe is 35 mm or bigger, if the downpipe  is cemented into the ground we just cut into it and put a cleaning / inspection port in the pipe it’s quite easy to do and looks very professional when done , and gives repeat access if needed . 
I just carry a set of drain rods, they'll do 30' and can always attach some more if needed. What do you charge to put an inspection port in as I currently get the company I do the work for to install them.

I just carry a set of drain rods, they'll do 30' and can always attach some more if needed. What do you charge to put an inspection port in as I currently get the company I do the work for to install them.

The access ports we use cost between £15-25 depending on the type and style of guttering generally doesn’t take more than 10 -15 muinits  to fit depending in the type used , battery jigsaw and drill is all you need , what I charge the customer depends how many down pipes need doing and what Ime charging them for the job if it’s a £500 + job I wouldn’t charge them anything I would just do it in the price , if it’s a £65 mid terraced house vac job then it would have to be around £35-45 depending of the cost of the fittings required. 

To clear difficult downpipes I have adapted a drain pressure washer jetter that will work it’s own way up the down pipe and will spray in front of it’s self it will evan clear s bends right up the top of the gutter but when it brakes through sometimes it can blast the dirt out the top onto the house so it might need a bit of a rinse down but still saves having to get up a ladder , so far I haven’t found a downpipe I could not clear this way ,  

I was fixing my mates blocked downpipe and we ended up digging around the pipe at the bottom. Got 6" down and the pipe was sitting in the mud connected to nothing, no wonder the builders went bust. :1f602:

Latest Posts

Back