Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help setting up pure water supply from home - Kent

Mr Clean

Hi,

Keeping it short and its probably been asked a million times but I wanted to ask if anyone in north kent made pure water form home and had any time possible to have a chat and help me get a working set up thats proven and cost effective with some advice.  I am completley new to making water myself as usually get it form sites. 

I am reading and hearing from various posts and talking to people on the street that it costs x amount and is not so good and the water board will caine you in charges, also hear there is a excess payment so you can use lots water but within reason? £2.50 a day? 

I would love to chat and gain some solid advice either on here or PM or in person, so anyone willing to offer some advice would be great or to see some working set ups if anyone is local as very much would like to produce it myself if its cost effective, I assume it is as many of you here do this practice.  I am just very unclear to all the bits and bobs of conflicting information I read.  I would probably make water at around 250-350L a day. So pretty average useage....it is very hard to seem to determin the costs and there is no where else other than a forum like this to find this information out and get some real live figures, so I can have some kind of idea before I take it any further. 

Thank you very much, in advance to any replies. All The best.

Basically if you are on a water meter you need to see what the cost of water per m3 is and sewerage cost per m3 is.

to Produce 1000l or 1m3 of water you will use around 2000l of water if the system is running effectively with good pressure/flow. The water company will charge you for 2m3 water and for 2m3 of sewerage. But as 1m3 of water is being used to clean windows and therefore not going down the drain you can claim relief on that water from sewerage element of your bill by calling your water and informing them. So you would be charge for 2m3 of water and 1m3 of sewerage.

in terms of systems buy a 4040 ro system, anything else will be a compromise in terms of efficiency, and you may need to fit a booster pump if the flow from your tap is insufficient for peak production.

my tap TDS is around 270-300 and with all costs filters and resins it costs me less than 0.015p per litre of water.

Basically if you are on a water meter you need to see what the cost of water per m3 is and sewerage cost per m3 is.

to Produce 1000l or 1m3 of water you will use around 2000l of water if the system is running effectively with good pressure/flow. The water company will charge you for 2m3 water and for 2m3 of sewerage. But as 1m3 of water is being used to clean windows and therefore not going down the drain you can claim relief on that water from sewerage element of your bill by calling your water and informing them. So you would be charge for 2m3 of water and 1m3 of sewerage.

in terms of systems buy a 4040 ro system, anything else will be a compromise in terms of efficiency, and you may need to fit a booster pump if the flow from your tap is insufficient for peak production.

my tap TDS is around 270-300 and with all costs filters and resins it costs me less than 0.015p per litre of water.
Hi Thank you High-Tower thats great info, thank you for your time. So  need to contact te water board and ask what per m3 in water is cost at and per m3 of sewerage costs... I can get that then and it will tell me then how much it is to produce 1000L This is what i need to know, it mist be do-able as local guys make it from there homes so can not be too much as they would not do it.  So you pay 15p per L. thats with costing in the filters and resins too, ok I  will have to look at this ?   The 40/40 ro system i have seen is recommendand agian you have to. I wonder if i can buy one for sale thats all ready to go somewhere or might look into buying new and get someone to set me all up lol, not so up on this stuff yet.  Fingers crossed the water not to mich per m3 then. bar that I will know then my costings the water board will charge me. Thank you again for you time, very kind of you. Will lookin to all this.

Not 15p/l it’s 1.5p/l. You should be able to look up the cost of water online from your provider. And as part-timer says only need to inform them about the sewerage if you are on a meter.

most of the suppliers sell complete RO systems, they are all very similar. Pure freedom sell one pre-attaches to a storage tank with a transfer hose etc all included.

the ro will need to be protected from cold weather, either in a garage or an insulated shed of some sort. If the membrane in the ro freezes it is destroyed.

Back