Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Selling second hand equipment

Kate

20190422_012441_001.jpghttp://http//www.purefreedom.com   My father died last year. He left a 40 inch window cleaning Osmosis system bought in 2013 along  with an electric pure Freedom trolley and a couple of chargers. He also had a special booster added to the machine to help in low water pressure areas. The pump runs 800 litres per minute. There is also a 17.5 foot pole/ brush. There is also just a simple blue metal trolley for lifting heavy containers. I also have two sets of hose reels as well. 

However, its been sitting there for about three years now which I've been told will effect the RO unit and I can't get the trolley battery to make any noise even though I plugged it in to charge.  Does anybody know what I could ask for this lot second hand or any suggestions? Thankyou for any helpful suggestions in advance. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Kate.

I'm sure I speak for everyone on here when I say we are all sorry for your loss.

As far as the value of second hand equipment is concerned, its very much down to what someone is prepared to pay for it. I'm sorry but that's not very helpfull.

For me a 4040 is only worth the value of the housings as I would calculate the price of a brand new set of prefilters and membranes and remove that from the asking price. Depending on the type of 4040 membrane housing that would be around £40 and maybe another £30 for the prefilter housings if they are 10". If the housings are 20" the you might try for an extra £50 for them.

A new Nono trolley is £375 + VAT. If your Dad's system is the old one with a 'large' lead acid leisure battery then it probably needs a new battery. The trolley frame with pump and controller is probably worth £100 to £120. The photo isn't very clear but is seems to be in good condition. The pole isn't worth anything tbh, maybe a tenner. 

Hose reels? I don't know because it depends on what reels they are and the size and length of hose on them as well as their condition.

What I would do is put clear photos of everything on Ebay and try for bidding with collection only and see what response you get. If you have to post or courier items out then carriage cost are going to be high. Your postcode shows you are within 'striking distance' of Slough, Reading, High Wycombe etc. (populated areas) so I'm sure there must be someone local who would be interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with spruce, his valuations are a good guide.

i would pop them to bid on eBay as suggested with a reasonable reserve price and see how they do.

Its sold for 180. Good price for an old trolley.

He says it was in good condition so we have to presume that it is also in full working order.

Would you pay £180 for a used trolley or pay £450 incl VAT for a brand new one with a warranty? If that's the original battery in there then its 5 years old and I would expect to have to replace it sooner rather than later. To me that trolley wasn't worth any more than £100 if I took a battery replacement into consideration.

But that's Ebay. Looks like there were 10 different bidders so certainly a lot of interest.

I wonder if the highest bidder will see the deal through as this appears to be his first Ebay purchase.

We've seen it before on Ebay, where there was a Gardiner pole used, being sold at a higher price, than buying of Gardiners brand new ?

Back