Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

"Hoseless" - EZ snap catching

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Bart90

Just switched one of my poles to the 'hoseless' way but I'm finding when extending the hose the EZ snap connector or o clips catch the end cap all the time.  Doesn't make for smooth operation!  Any tips?  I've tried taking the end cap off but it still catches the end of the pole.

Just switched one of my poles to the 'hoseless' way but I'm finding when extending the hose the EZ snap connector or o clips catch the end cap all the time.  Doesn't make for smooth operation!  Any tips?  I've tried taking the end cap off but it still catches the end of the pole.

To make it work properly you need the ejected sleeve from exceed Inovation otherwise it will catch the pole and sometimes come undone , 

I use the exceed hoseless option now but used to ha e the same setup as you, and the same catching issue.

i got some sugru which is like playdo that sets like rubber and made a triangular wedge just above the rectus fitting so the hose slid over that rather than catching.

When you open extension#1 push it up via the hose until the connector has passed through the end cap and closed sections. Then just extend your pole as normal. It takes a little getting used to but works fine for me.

The plastic sleeve from Ex-Ceed was no good for me since  I add extensions to my Extreme-22 for 2nd-floor windows.

You can buy just the plastic ejected sleeve and make the rest up yourself but need to use pole hose going up the pole not the microbore like some people try and do 
Thanks.  I will get one!  I'm using gardiners green pu hose so should be good.  Thanks chaps ?

If you have a ‘tail’ of hose poking out then the ejector won’t solve the problem, the male fitting needs to be inside the pole for it to work.

If you have a ‘tail’ of hose poking out then the ejector won’t solve the problem, the male fitting needs to be inside the pole for it to work.
Yes I do so I've not set it up right.  I'm wondering if i re position the male fitting so it's tucked in the pole, whether that will be enough to stop it catching?  I don't fancy spending £17 (inc £5 delivery??!!) for a plastic sleeve that might not work anyway.

Another way you can try that worked for me was to have a very short tail, just a few centimetres, and make yourself one of these from a piece of plastic plumbing pipe,

spacer_01.jpg

to clip onto the top section of pole like this.

spacer_02.jpg

Once connected up, extend the pole till the connector is inside and clip it into place. It will keep the connector inside the pole while you work.

When you are ready to disconnect, take it off to allow the tail to poke out the bottom of the pole. 

This will work whether you use EzSnap or JG's. The only time this won't work is if you use extensions regularly, but then neither will the ejector sleeve system.

(You can also use a three inch piece of garden hose with a longitudinal cut down the side of it)

Last edited by a moderator:
Another way you can try that worked for me was to have a very short tail, just a few centimetres, and make yourself one of these from a piece of plastic plumbing pipe,

View attachment 16384

View attachment 16385

Once connected up, extend the pole till the connector is inside and clip it into place. It will keep the connector inside the pole while you work.

When you are ready to disconnect, take it off to allow the tail to poke out the bottom of the pole. 

This will work whether you use EzSnap or JG's. The only time this won't work is if you use extensions regularly, but then neither will the ejector sleeve system.

(You can also use a three inch piece of garden hose with a longitudinal cut down the side of it)
Cheers Mark ?

View attachment 16384

View attachment 16385

Mark, you couldn't by any chance post a pic of the set up you have at the other end of the pole?  I saw in another thread you were using JG connectors and stem to barb?  

Here you go.

pole hose tail.jpg

If you choose to use JGs make sure the clip on spacer you make for the other end is long enough for you JG to just far enough into the pole that it doesn't catch when you pull on it to operate the univalve.

Personally I don't use a spacer anymore as I've used this setup so long now I've gotten used to how to hold the pole in such a way that the connector doesn't catch on the way into the pole. Not enough to be irritating anyhow. 

If you're interested, the endcap in the picture comes from Pure Freedom.

Here you go.

View attachment 16387

If you choose to use JGs make sure the clip on spacer you make for the other end is long enough for you JG to just far enough into the pole that it doesn't catch when you pull on it to operate the univalve.

Personally I don't use a spacer anymore as I've used this setup so long now I've gotten used to how to hold the pole in such a way that the connector doesn't catch on the way into the pole. Not enough to be irritating anyhow. 

If you're interested, the endcap in the picture comes from Pure Freedom.
Thanks Mark, appreciated.

I copied @Marko067 tubless set up a couple of years ago personally I wouldn’t go back to rectus fittings the JG fittings are cheap don’t disconnect and surprisingly last a long time for what they are and being tubless I don’t disconnect my hose unless I Have to change the pole so reeling with a cloth keeps the pole hose really clean. 

I always found using PVC or PU hose to metal connectors leaky. Even with ‘o’ clamps crimped real tight there always seemed to be some leakage at the joint especially when pulling on them all the time to operate the Univalve. I get far less leakage from JGs and they are cheaper and easier to fit when required. This was my experience anyway.

Funny you posted that pic @Marko067 just a few days ago i had the realisation that if i went to B&Q, grabbed a couple of metres of 8mm tube and pulled out the gooseneck tube, I could do the same setup you have. I'm happy with that setup - works well enough for me!

I've just bought the pure freedom end caps and have shortened my tail!  Will see how I get on.  I think those end caps will be better for the hose anyway as I'm sure the standard end caps dig into the hose over time.

Having been using a plastic JG fitting (the type you get inside the gooseneck) at the end of my pole just lately i might have a better tip for you..

Connect your hose. Loosen section 1. Tip pole over so the brush is pointing to the floor (enough that section 1 will start to slide out) - while holding the hose in the other hand. Section1 will start to move with gravity and you can let the hose gently through the end cap and section two by keeping it semi tight in your hand as you let it through. Once it's up in section 2, just bring the pole back up wards again.

Works a treat for me and is a lot less faff than disconnecting the hose at the gooseneck and feeding all the way through the pole each time. I was going to go with an easy snap but as the plastic fittings area cheaper and easier to fit (no male / female complexity needed and can be used across various hoses) I think I'm sticking with this method.

When you open extension#1 push it up via the hose until the connector has passed through the end cap and closed sections. Then just extend your pole as normal. It takes a little getting used to but works fine for me.

The plastic sleeve from Ex-Ceed was no good for me since  I add extensions to my Extreme-22 for 2nd-floor windows.
Iam thinking of buying an slx 18 with exeed hosless.thought I might have problem though fitting extention.I would have to feed the exceed up the extention then click into the 18, abit of a faff but doable when u have to.Am I right or there further problems that I cant see please?Only thinking of one extention and not that often,thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just do what Marko has done in the image above - use pole hose and a nylon air connector instead of any complex make / female metal parts. The nylons are cheap, plentiful on ebay, can take pressure up to 10bar, quick and easy to replace (buy multiples when you buy them) and best of all, no male / female complexity to them - just stick in two hose ends and you're done. They're also lighter than the metal connects and with the pole fully extended that makes a difference.

Back