Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best oil stain remover?

Incheck

What’s your go to product guys? Had a bad oil stain on block paving to deal with, screwfix de-greaser has made an 80% improvement on it, customer more than happy but it did peeve me a bit that it didnt completely disappear. Do you simply keep re-applying until it’s gone or is there a miracle product? Typed in oil stain remover on amazon all have 3 star reviews ? 

we all know the coca cola myth is an old wives tale. Any help appreciated cheers  

There is no specific solution for the problem or any guarantee that a particular product will get an oil spill out. It depends on a lot of factors such as, the type of oil, severity of the spill, the porosity of the stone, whether it was sealed prior to the spill, whether it was densified prior to the spill.

I use Miracle Liquid Poultice A & B it comes as a kit and with full instructions. However bear in mind it may not get it out 100% and it may take multiple applications.

https://miraclesealants.com/products/clean-maintain/liquid-poultice

Yeah mate this is the thing, so many different types of oil and surface ?. Obviously the older the oil the darker it is an all. Im thinking with repeated rain it should disappear over time if the surface is porous to oil it has to be porous to water maybe just let nature do the work?

im pretty sure my father made loads of oil spills on his drive 15-20 years back when i was a kid he was always working on his land rovers and cars. These oil stains are now non existent and ive only power washed it once or twice so im guessing nature will do it. His fingers were always black as he was a printer by trade, it took a good few years before the old stained skin dead skin was replaced by new layers ?‍♂️

I had a commercial client call me today while I was on a job, didn't answer immediately as I was busy. 

One of her drivers, his van had dropped oil on a customers drive when he was delivering some furniture.

Anyway by the time I called her she had found someone else to do the job.. Won't be losing any sleep over that one...

Back