Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

UK Window Clean

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Whats the deal with UK Window Clean? I got a flyer through with their crazy expensive prices and thought nobody will go for that because I get told £8 minimum charge is too much. Now I've seen them working near my house and a van parked overnight nearby. I might just pop in and undercut them.

?, £8 min charge is reasonable , i have customer who I charge that just clean 2 standard size windows 

Paying for my time and van costs

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats the deal with UK Window Clean? I got a flyer through with their crazy expensive prices and thought nobody will go for that because I get told £8 minimum charge is too much. Now I've seen them working near my house and a van parked overnight nearby. I might just pop in and undercut them.
Are we talking WFP here? You would be able to undercut £8 a clean for a full house?

It all depends on what you define as expensive and what service is been provided, I know there is trad and wfp lads in my area who are £6-7 cheaper than me on a 4-bed house with a conservatory but their level of service is quite a bit below mine and one even admitted he doesn't declare all his earnings so he can afford to cheaper than me as I pay all my taxes and run a professional legitimate business. 

It all depends on what you define as expensive and what service is been provided, I know there is trad and wfp lads in my area who are £6-7 cheaper than me on a 4-bed house with a conservatory but their level of service is quite a bit below mine and one even admitted he doesn't declare all his earnings so he can afford to cheaper than me as I pay all my taxes and run a professional legitimate business. 
I was stopped by a woman on Tuesday who said her WFP window cleaner was 2 weeks late and if he didn't turn up in another 2 weeks she would ring me. When I said my charge for her 2  bed semi was £10 she said she was only being charged £6. When I said but we'll turn up every month she just gave one of those smiles that meant she'll not be ringing me in 2 weeks ?

Back