Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

where to go for a fitted system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ash87

Hi, im just in the middle of changing my van i have always had a DIY system but want to safegaurd myself for the future and get a nice proffesional watertight system with an electric reel and underfloor rollers just wondering everyones thoughts on where best to go? 

TIA

Im based in the south but dont mind a drive oop north

I’ve  bought a fair bit of equipment from purefreedom lately and I can’t fault it the reels for example are heavy but definitely built to last, gotta be worth a look. 

WaterWorks in Corby.  Best electric reels on market.  Best systems as well to be honest.  All our franchisees have their systems from them.  
i know 2 window cleaners with the waterworks HD reels,they say they are ok but the main flaw is the hose falling off the sides because the reels so narrow,i dont have that problem with the PF reelmaster as theres a bar across preventing this plus its much wider so you can fit more hose on if need be.....

i know 2 window cleaners with the waterworks HD reels,they say they are ok but the main flaw is the hose falling off the sides because the reels so narrow,i dont have that problem with the PF reelmaster as theres a bar across preventing this plus its much wider so you can fit more hose on if need be.....

Never have this problem.  We have 5 of their reels now. 100m of 6mm never an issue. 

My advise if you can support your nearest supplier if they do it. Often enough from customers experience who have spoken to us purchased a system then something goes wrong. They then have to travel 100 + miles back to get it sorted and sometimes back again. So the savings they made is now wiped out.

I tend to only do systems for customers within a 60 mile radius.

As you status says Devon try Varitech Systems.

Thanks for all your inputs ! I was just making sure there wasnt a supplier I hadnt thought of i have looked into all the above mentioned, I spoke to Lee at Bladeright today and think he's the man for me and the good thing is Taunton isnt too far so i dont have a huge job getting there ??

I’ve never heard of a bad word said about ionics systems and/or their after sales care. Dunno where they’re based. But yep the idea of your nearest is a good idea

it all depends on your budget and what you want.

If a crash tested system is top of your list of requirements the you have Grippa,ionics and pure freedom.

if you just want something basic and installed for you then  as above have said pick the nearest and cheapest.

Often enough from customers experience who have spoken to us purchased a system then something goes wrong. They then have to travel 100 + miles back to get it sorted and sometimes back again. So the savings they made is now wiped out.

I tend to only do systems for customers within a 60 mile radius.

I agree,

if it’s a nearby installer then any problems it’s easy to pop back and get it rectified. What’s the point of a guarantee if the company is 300 miles away????

my ‘WaterWorks’ system installation was peeing water all over the back of the van - too far to go all the way back and more importantly I needed it fixed pronto as I had worked booked up later in the week. 

Got my plumber round and we disconnected it all and  got it sorted sharpish so I could be back earning.

in fairness the system is very good and the HD reel is a life saver with security pulleys attached.

the reel sides could do with being larger as the hose could come off but if you feed it on whilst holding a cloth it will be fine.

would be nice if the hose reel locked into place...

Last edited by a moderator:
I use these daily and for safely reeling in the hose you can’t just hit the wind in button full power bc it’s too fast (in my opinion ofc) - I use a towel to flow the hose through and guide it into the reel, this cleans the hose and saves my hands. I just hit the button on and off in short intervals and it gives a nice manageable speed - it’s really quick to reel in the entire hose

I use these daily and for safely reeling in the hose you can’t just hit the wind in button full power bc it’s too fast (in my opinion ofc) - I use a towel to flow the hose through and guide it into the reel, this cleans the hose and saves my hands. I just hit the button on and off in short intervals and it gives a nice manageable speed - it’s really quick to reel in the entire hose
the PF ones are more robust and wider ....you can reel them in very fast or slower if you want as they have a variable speed control,plus they have a battery voltage display which i personally find very handy as well as the soft start/snag feature built in.....

I agree,

if it’s a nearby installer then any problems it’s easy to pop back and get it rectified. What’s the point of a guarantee if the company is 300 miles away????

my ‘WaterWorks’ system installation was peeing water all over the back of the van - too far to go all the way back and more importantly I needed it fixed pronto as I had worked booked up later in the week. 

Got my plumber round and we disconnected it all and  got it sorted sharpish so I could be back earning.

in fairness the system is very good and the HD reel is a life saver with security pulleys attached.

the reel sides could do with being larger as the hose could come off but if you feed it on whilst holding a cloth it will be fine.

My nearest supplier is Purefreedom were I had my install done and it's 134 miles away, most things are an easy fix, although bad crack for your new system to be leaking what was the issue?  

Went for Grippatank as well, when i upgraded in January 2019. Electric reel etc, makes a helluva difference to your working day. Installed by Sureclean Systems in Omagh. 

I agree,

Find Gardiners Grippatank ..Reel far superior, no chain , not as power hungry either & absolutely flawless...

My nearest supplier is Purefreedom were I had my install done and it's 134 miles away, most things are an easy fix, although bad crack for your new system to be leaking what was the issue?  

Cracked elbow fitting coming from the tank.

Only had the system 2 days ?

Not a good start but be thankful it was just a simple fix. Good luck with it Spartan ✌☘

WaterWorks in Corby.  Best electric reels on market.  Best systems as well to be honest.  All our franchisees have their systems from them.  
You haven't tried Gardiners electric & chainless reels then Dave? 

Cheers,

No it wasn't a great start but managed to get it sorted and that was about 8 months ago and so far so good. Overall it's been a good investment and swapping over to WFP went super simple.

Back