Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fittings Question

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Joshyouare

Sorry guys, another fittings question, I've looked at other threads but fittings is the one thing which just goes straight over my head ?

Before I had the hose reel, I got this guy to put fittings on to my pole hose and my backpack hose so that they could attach. I have now taken that fitting off the backpack hose and put that blue female fitting the backpack came with back on (first picture). 

So i've got these two (female I think) fittings (picture 2), one this guy just gave me with the hose reel, and then the other from the one I've taken off obviously. The one the guy gave me fits into my hose reel hose (might need clamping down but it fits quite snug), but the pole hose fitting doesnt go into it. The fitting previously on my backpack hose doesn't go into the hose snug at all. However the pole hose obviously does go into it.

So just wondering if I need another fitting. The two female fittings look the same diameter (so I can't understand why the pole hose goes into one of them and not the other.)

I of course understand why the smaller male end doesn't go into the hose reel hose.

The third picture is the 6mm pole hose and the hose reel hose (with the fitting which doesn't attach to the 6mm pole hose.)

Not sure if I've made any sense, doesn't help that I don't really know the names for the fittings (sorry probably should've found them out before making this post ?)

59471399_432050474019537_8590414241062715392_n.jpg

58763428_1364808860311034_8668423551671336960_n.jpg

58662353_353930778589063_3461913433518112768_n.jpg

So in summary you have two female EZ snap/rectus fittings (as illustrated in your 2nd photo) and the male EZ snap/rectus fitting will only attach to one of the female fittings (I'm guessing the newer fitting on the left in your 2nd photo is the one that's working OK).

If you pull the outer sleeve back on the older female rectus you'll probably find it'll work OK - sometimes these sleeves can get stuck. Otherwise just dispose of it (it looks like you've got some good use out of it) and replace with a new fitting.

So in summary you have two female EZ snap/rectus fittings (as illustrated in your 2nd photo) and the male EZ snap/rectus fitting will only attach to one of the female fittings (I'm guessing the newer fitting on the left in your 2nd photo is the one that's working OK).

If you pull the outer sleeve back on the older female rectus you'll probably find it'll work OK - sometimes these sleeves can get stuck. Otherwise just dispose of it (it looks like you've got some good use out of it) and replace with a new fitting.
Ah right, thanks for giving some of them names for me hahaha, so the female EZ snap/rectus fittings should both fit onto the male one on the hose? And yes you're right the newer one if the one it WILL fit on to. The older one is just one a guy has given to me with the hose reel that I bought from him. 

Sorry to be annoying but I don't understand what you mean by pulling the outer sleeve back? I have pulled back the bit that pulls back to try and put the male in and it still doesn't go in. Maybe I just need a new fitting then

Last edited by a moderator:
I have circled the two outer sleeves for you. If you put the male EZ snap/rectus into the female connector (the one that works) you'll see that the outer sleeve moves towards the male connector to secure it in place & vice-versa when you remove the male connector. The fitting on the right looks as though it's in the 'engaged' position (ie: connected) when in fact it's not!

58763428_1364808860311034_8668423551671336960_n.jpg.12a8fe81f52f007884c62b1ca55abb30.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back