Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Water fed pole

WCF

Help Support WCF:

R wcs

Does anybody rate the SLX 25,?.. I’ve been using the multipole recently, wasn’t fussed when I first started doing windows alone using it but now am working 3-days a week , my wrists are staring to ache so time to upgrade,  and put all my hard earned wages back into the business, so basically just wanting read some reviews , negative and positive from the guys who are out  in the field using one 

cheers 

The SLX 25 is the only pole I've ever owned so I can't really compare it, but I can say it feels nice and light and for me the size is perfect. Just about working out if it's the right size for you. My wrists never ache after a days work.

I bought mine used and some of the sections are starting to get on a bit now and one of the clamps is awful but I'm guessing that happens with most poles.

If there's a substantial weight difference between your current pole and the SLX then you will notice a big difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah big weight difference this multipole made out of few different materials,  

checking few different poles but for the money this slx 25 seems be the one people go for , looked at clx but they are glass and carbon need something light as am using it more often now 

also the slx has new clamps now ?

Extreme-18 for me - a bit more pricey but you won't regret it, it's more rigid and lighter. I can reach 98%+ of the windows on my round with an 18 foot pole.

Just use the SLX-25 for those you can't reach with an Extreme-18.

Extreme-18 for me - a bit more pricey but you won't regret it, it's more rigid and lighter. I can reach 98%+ of the windows on my round with an 18 foot pole.

Just use the SLX-25 for those you can't reach with an Extreme-18.
Only issue I have spending more on pole , is my van , that pole costs more then my van , 

i couldn’t go any smaller then a 25 

slx are the best value pole. light, strong and hardwearing. i prefer a 22 for 90% of my work because of the smaller collapsed length, i have a 35 for anything else. i recommend using a swivel gooseneck too, it may help your wrists.

If you have or develop issues from work strain, the price of the extreme pole is totally worth it as you will be much less strained. I have as my daily pole an extreme 25 with swivel head and it's absolutely brilliant.

I'm just down the road and did 6 hours in it. Obviously us Wearside lads are that bit tougher than Tynesiders  :1f618:
Haha I would normally work in the rain , when I had work boots !!  Few days ago I left them on door step while I went to the toilet , was gone no more then 5mins, came back down they was gone !! Says to the other half , you told me this Area was decent !  

New boots came today so I’ll be out tomorrow rain or not 

Might be just down to how you are using it mate, i use a CLX-22 (both poles being 1420g) and have no problems at all. and i have extensions on mine so knocks it higher 

I would maybe look at warming up before you start on a morning mate just to get the blood flowing ?

or look at getting the next pole range up but you wont see much of a drop for example the Gardiner Xtreme 22 is (1100g)

so a 320g drop but a price tag of £609 

I'm just down the road and did 6 hours in it. Obviously us Wearside lads are that bit tougher than Tynesiders  :1f618:
Softie, I worked from over 7 hours today ? the rain hardly stopped all day down here, looks about the same tomorrow I'll need to dry my boots out 

Softie, I worked from over 7 hours today ? the rain hardly stopped all day down here, looks about the same tomorrow I'll need to dry my boots out 
co-Durham lad tho we were build to do this stuff lol and we are also very stupid so that helps hahah 

co-Durham lad tho we were build to do this stuff lol and we are also very stupid so that helps hahah 
You just have to crack on, no point sitting at home watching the weather worrying about what clients might say a decent waterproof jacket and all is good 

Very true, I did get a customer come running out asking about the rain like but soon went away once I explained that a bit of light rain won't effect the outcome

I only need to work 6 hours a day, you might need to speed up a bit ?
I spent some time in the van when it got too heavy and  I felt like going home about 3 times but that wouldn't have got all my planned jobs today plus one extra ? because I'm big and strong and my eyes are full of gold ?

Very true, I did get a customer come running out asking about the rain like but soon went away once I explained that a bit of light rain won't effect the outcome
Never had one customer come out the weather was too bad ? 

Back