Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole with least bend.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

G

Anyone any idea which 50ft pole would have least bend in the middle, when fully extended horizontally, irrespective of weight?

Thanks.

Go for a 65’ and keep a couple of foot at the clamps?

Probably Gardiner Extreme or Ultimate at that height.

I keep hearing about sections snapping, I’ve got broken clx poles at the moment, the thought of replacing extreme sections scares me!

Its not really about height for us, as we use them to clean panels from a MEWP, the poles are never vertical, if you get me.

Anyone any idea which 50ft pole would have least bend in the middle, when fully extended horizontally, irrespective of weight?

Thanks.
construction-cranes.jpg

One of these should suit. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The old ionics poles used to have long sections but they were very heavy.

The ultimate pole is probably your best choice.

I have 3 different extreme poles and I have never snapped a section.

Phew! How on earth would you extend it?

Horizontally from a picker, or over a flat roof normally.

F607BDB2-1A11-488D-A5DD-2A89B3EDBFA7.jpeg

We have had the extreme 47 didn’t like it so sold it and now have the ultimate that is stiffer but a bit heavier 

I think heavier is better as the wind can be a nightmare. It can take all your upper body strength to keep the brush on one panel. Don’t want to pay £1500 for a pole though!

I wonder if there’s somewhere you can get them made to your own spec? Section length and weight, wall thickness etc?

Horizontally from a picker, or over a flat roof normally.

View attachment 16382

I think heavier is better as the wind can be a nightmare. It can take all your upper body strength to keep the brush on one panel. Don’t want to pay £1500 for a pole though!

I wonder if there’s somewhere you can get them made to your own spec? Section length and weight, wall thickness etc?
I have an old ionic pole which is in good condition but upgraded as it was to heavy.

Would be happy to sell it if you are interested. 

I live in Coventry. 

I have an old ionic pole which is in good condition but upgraded as it was to heavy.

Would be happy to sell it if you are interested. 

I live in Coventry. 

Yeh, maybe mate. Thanks for the offer.

is it an old ergolite? I’ve got an old 72’ one with two sections taken off, because it’s just too mental! 

Another would be handy.

PM me a price please.

Yeh, maybe mate. Thanks for the offer.

is it an old ergolite? I’ve got an old 72’ one with two sections taken off, because it’s just too mental! 

Another would be handy.

PM me a price please.
Its a 45 ft pole.

Cant remember what its called but it has a yellow handle/ bottom section.

Its a study pole.

PM me if you are interested. 

Back