Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner rinse-bar users

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Den

Heads up for the rinse bar users on the forum I have been using the 35cm rinse bar for sometime and also more recently the last few weeks 35cm low pressure version it’s is a fantastic combo when added with the 35cm extreme brush, very light and the rinse is great especially rinsing on the glass my go to brush most of the time. 

I use the low pressure one with an Ultimate medium brush rinsing on and it has definitely speeded things up.

I use the low pressure one with an Ultimate medium brush rinsing on and it has definitely speeded things up.
Personally reckon your be impressed the the 35cm combo as above  rinsebar low to the stock and clears bristles really well. 

So what's the technique of rinsing on the glass?  Is it just up and down done? Also, do you find the rinse bar gets in the way of trying to get to the top edge of the window frame with the rinse bar catching on the bricks above the window frame?

if used correctly you won’t 5ouch the brickwork unless you brush it with the bristles, clean all the top frames as normal the rinse is slightly above the bristles also it doesn’t fill vents you just brush the vents and the rinse goes over them, the key is to use a swivel, maintenance cleans I brush up and down twice then slightly fan downward with the brush rinsing on. 

After a day at or two you will see the difference in speed especially if you are used to rinsing off the glass.

I have mine set at approx 2 lpm that gives a really good rinse. 

It is definitely very appealing, it's not just the time saved but the effort.  Moving the brush side to side rinsing off, especially on hard to reach windows does require a lot of effort and strain on your arms, if this rinsing on the glass works then I can certainly see the benefits in time and effort.

Which is the best to go for?  Have you tried out the 32 jet one?

Yes I given the 16 jet prototype 35cm for me  to test and used that for quite a long time, very effective and really good but used a little bit to much water for me as I have me son working with me so need to ration water.

Alex arrange to send me a 32 jet low pressure pre production version a few weeks ago this Is absolutely perfect for my needs I use this the same as normal pencil or 100degrees fan jets anywhere between 1.5 - 2.0lpm  works great ?

Last edited by a moderator:
So the 32 is better than the 16?  It says on the website to use 2.5 to 3.0 litres per minute for the 32.  What's it like working with the 16 compared to the 32?

Also do you use the 4 way connector with it so you have the normal jets in between the bristles as well as the rinse bar?

So the 32 is better than the 16?  It says on the website to use 2.5 to 3.0 litres per minute for the 32.  What's it like working with the 16 compared to the 32?

Also do you use the 4 way connector with it so you have the normal jets in between the bristles as well as the rinse bar?
Chris I got it wrong I meant the opposite  it’s the 16 jet low pressure version that I use.

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/whats-new/low-pressure-micro-jet-rinse-bar-35cm.html

the 32 jet version I have now glued every other hole to give me 16 jets. ?

Ok so the 16 low pressure is the one to go for, think I will give that a go.  Takes me ages to clean windows, my problem is I'm too thorough, even if it saves me 30 seconds per set of windows it will be a step in the right direction.

The windows above ground floor extentions would be a lot easier, when the brush is on the glass it's not too bad but as soon as it comes to rinsing I feel like I'm fishing and trying to reel in catch of the day, my arms start to shake, rinsing on the glass would be a lot easier.

Ok so the 16 low pressure is the one to go for, think I will give that a go.  Takes me ages to clean windows, my problem is I'm too thorough, even if it saves me 30 seconds per set of windows it will be a step in the right direction.

The windows above ground floor extentions would be a lot easier, when the brush is on the glass it's not too bad but as soon as it comes to rinsing I feel like I'm fishing and trying to reel in catch of the day, my arms start to shake, rinsing on the glass would be a lot easier.
What pole are you using? You're going to wear yourself out like that mate!

There is such a thing as "over-doing" it, yes you want the windows to be clean and clear but you want to achieve that with as little effort water and time as possible. I live on the coast so my windows are full of bird ****, I also live rurally so I get a lot of spider webs and stuff. I have to do some scrubbing on some windows to make sure they are clean.

The best thing I ever did was to start to check each pane before I started to clean it, just a quick scan for any obvious marks that might need more attention. When you find one just super scrape it first, then a quick agitation and rinse and your good to go. If nothing there then it's just a quick agitation and rinse. I spent years scrubbing away like a mad bloke and suffered for it, had to see a chiropractor etc. I'm still not right.

If there is no bird muck or anything stubborn on the glass then you'll be surprised how little agitation you need to do, I recommend a brush with natural bristle or boars hair as they clean the glass better than normal bristles.

A rinse bar will make a huge difference to your day too.

Heads up for the rinse bar users on the forum I have been using the 35cm rinse bar for sometime and also more recently the last few weeks 35cm low pressure version it’s is a fantastic combo when added with the 35cm extreme brush, very light and the rinse is great especially rinsing on the glass my go to brush most of the time. 
Just ordered the 32 jet 14", cant wait to try it out. I bought the 32 jet so I can block off the holes with blue tack to my preference.

I blocked off the 10" 32 jet to 24 jet and its not as splashy as the 16 jet but more pressure than the 32 jet, I love tinkering with stuff.

What pole are you using? You're going to wear yourself out like that mate!

There is such a thing as "over-doing" it, yes you want the windows to be clean and clear but you want to achieve that with as little effort water and time as possible. I live on the coast so my windows are full of bird ****, I also live rurally so I get a lot of spider webs and stuff. I have to do some scrubbing on some windows to make sure they are clean.

The best thing I ever did was to start to check each pane before I started to clean it, just a quick scan for any obvious marks that might need more attention. When you find one just super scrape it first, then a quick agitation and rinse and your good to go. If nothing there then it's just a quick agitation and rinse. I spent years scrubbing away like a mad bloke and suffered for it, had to see a chiropractor etc. I'm still not right.

If there is no bird muck or anything stubborn on the glass then you'll be surprised how little agitation you need to do, I recommend a brush with natural bristle or boars hair as they clean the glass better than normal bristles.

A rinse bar will make a huge difference to your day too.

I use the SLX-22.  I do realise that I need to do less passes with the brush, I'm just scared of missing a bit.  I am finding it difficult to see the small bits of dirt on the glass, it's also the water marks that I'm scared of leaving.

I'm pricing the jobs well for my time but for me a 3 bed semi with bay windows easily takes me 45 mins.  That's using cold water with a trolley and the standard medium brush recommended by Gardiner.  That does include doors and dry wiping all ground level sills and doors at the end though.  I have been a cleaner for years and there is a difference between somebody who is thorough and somebody who isn't and I can't see window cleaning being any different, so I'm happy not to be the fastest window cleaner in the west, but I definitely need to find a way of speeding up and keeping the same standard of clean.  If I can get it down to less than 30 mins then I'll be happy.  

I'll look at the rinse bar and maybe look at the swivel system, think a flocked sill brush might help as well, currently I have to bring the pole to the ground then adjust the angle of the brush down then go back up just to do the sills properly, this costs me probably about 1 minute on each side of the house.

I use the SLX-22.  I do realise that I need to do less passes with the brush, I'm just scared of missing a bit.  I am finding it difficult to see the small bits of dirt on the glass, it's also the water marks that I'm scared of leaving.

I'm pricing the jobs well for my time but for me a 3 bed semi with bay windows easily takes me 45 mins.  That's using cold water with a trolley and the standard medium brush recommended by Gardiner.  That does include doors and dry wiping all ground level sills and doors at the end though.  I have been a cleaner for years and there is a difference between somebody who is thorough and somebody who isn't and I can't see window cleaning being any different, so I'm happy not to be the fastest window cleaner in the west, but I definitely need to find a way of speeding up and keeping the same standard of clean.  If I can get it down to less than 30 mins then I'll be happy.  

I'll look at the rinse bar and maybe look at the swivel system, think a flocked sill brush might help as well, currently I have to bring the pole to the ground then adjust the angle of the brush down then go back up just to do the sills properly, this costs me probably about 1 minute on each side of the house.
I know where your coming from, I used to be like that.

A 3 bed semi should be charged £12-£15 depending and if I'm in a picky mood can take me 15 minutes to get it all really spotless. If I'm not in a picky mood these can be done in 10 minutes to a 95% standard which is fine as most customers don't expect a perfect job.

I always tell customers that although I will give the upstairs sills a clean, I can't see them so they'll have to forgive me if they have some bits left on them. They mostly chuckle and say of course, I understand it's hard to clean something you can't see.

I always tell people that I would like to know if there any issues and assure them I'll be back within 24 hours to correct, it never happens!

You have to find the balance point between providing a good enough standard of work for the customer, and providing a good enough income for yourself without wearing your body out. 

You have to look at the bigger picture, we do this to make a living. In 50 years time, we'll all be dead and buried. Do you think a few spots here and there will make any difference then?

Be fair to the customer, but be fair on yourself and your family too. Earn a good wage and be home in good time with energy and joints left.

If you are thorough enough with wfp then you should have a 3 bed semi done in less than 15 minutes, wiping the lower sills isn't needed on all job's neither is drying off door's unless the client is home and a cash payer 

I know where your coming from, I used to be like that.

A 3 bed semi should be charged £12-£15 depending and if I'm in a picky mood can take me 15 minutes to get it all really spotless. If I'm not in a picky mood these can be done in 10 minutes to a 95% standard which is fine as most customers don't expect a perfect job.

I always tell customers that although I will give the upstairs sills a clean, I can't see them so they'll have to forgive me if they have some bits left on them. They mostly chuckle and say of course, I understand it's hard to clean something you can't see.

I always tell people that I would like to know if there any issues and assure them I'll be back within 24 hours to correct, it never happens!

You have to find the balance point between providing a good enough standard of work for the customer, and providing a good enough income for yourself without wearing your body out. 

You have to look at the bigger picture, we do this to make a living. In 50 years time, we'll all be dead and buried. Do you think a few spots here and there will make any difference then?

Be fair to the customer, but be fair on yourself and your family too. Earn a good wage and be home in good time with energy and joints left.

Yes I completely agree and it's what I've said for years now in other cleaning I've done, it's finding the correct level between satisfying the customer and yourself.  For me a 3 bed semi is about £18, so I'm happy to take my time a little and try and give a higher level of service but I definitely need to be less concerned about being 'perfect'.  I will try less passes with the brush.  

Yes I completely agree and it's what I've said for years now in other cleaning I've done, it's finding the correct level between satisfying the customer and yourself.  For me a 3 bed semi is about £18, so I'm happy to take my time a little and try and give a higher level of service but I definitely need to be less concerned about being 'perfect'.  I will try less passes with the brush.  

Its all about confidence. The only way you can gain confidence is to push the boundaries a little at a time and then go back and check your work later.

Racing car drivers find the limits of their cars by pushing their boundaries to the limit of loss of adhesion. If they didn't do that they wouldn't know how hard they can push.

Up until quite recently I cleaned a council office building which I did for 12 years. All windows were at ground floor and as I did this over a weekend when there was one one in, I could experiment with different flow, scrubbing and rinsing techniques. I could do a window with 1 pass and no rinse, the one next to it with 2 passes and a rinse with the brush on the glass and the third 2 passes with a brush off glass rinse. The job used to take an hour and a half and so gave me plenty of time to visually inspect the windows I had experimented with. And I could go back and address any issues at the end without much disruption.

Its all about confidence. The only way you can gain confidence is to push the boundaries a little at a time and then go back and check your work later.

Racing car drivers find the limits of their cars by pushing their boundaries to the limit of loss of adhesion. If they didn't do that they wouldn't know how hard they can push.

Up until quite recently I cleaned a council office building which I did for 12 years. All windows were at ground floor and as I did this over a weekend when there was one one in, I could experiment with different flow, scrubbing and rinsing techniques. I could do a window with 1 pass and no rinse, the one next to it with 2 passes and a rinse with the brush on the glass and the third 2 passes with a brush off glass rinse. The job used to take an hour and a half and so gave me plenty of time to visually inspect the windows I had experimented with. And I could go back and address any issues at the end without much disruption.
What did you find?

What did you find?

For us being on the north east coast we are best with 2 passes and rinsing with a brush off the glass. We also need a reasonable water flow, 5 on our digital Varistreams.

This was before the advent of rinse bars. I do have a rinse bar on one of my brushes and like it that it gives a much better rinse-water spread across the glass. I appear to work quicker with it but still find myself rinsing off the glass due to the amount of grit on the windows.

I have found that a rinse bar does work better with velux windows.

Back