Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiners new twist valve.

Anybody tried it out....is it ok...willit work with the gooseneck swivel?
I personally don't like it.

I love the gooseneck swivel but couldn't use it with this.

Th8nk it would be handy for a bottom floor pole but i much prefer the uni-valve. 

Mines now in a draw doing nothing. 

I used the original one effectively with a swivel, However I couldn't operate it the way Alex demonstrated. I had to lay the brush on the widow ledges upstairs to turn it on or off. This led to me eventually breaking an SLX pole section due to pressing down on the pole one day when the mechanism stuck. It was a reflex action on my part but did lead to me purchasing an Xtreme pole which I had been contemplating anyway and turned out to be a decision I didn't regret. I now use a Univalve. But, as I did like the way the gooseneck valve worked I will probably try one of these new ones in time now that it has been remodelled. If it ever sticks though like the first version, then I'll immediately switch back to the Univalve.

I used the original one effectively with a swivel, However I couldn't operate it the way Alex demonstrated. I had to lay the brush on the widow ledges upstairs to turn it on or off. This led to me eventually breaking an SLX pole section due to pressing down on the pole one day when the mechanism stuck. It was a reflex action on my part but did lead to me purchasing an Xtreme pole which I had been contemplating anyway and turned out to be a decision I didn't regret. I now use a Univalve. But, as I did like the way the gooseneck valve worked I will probably try one of these new ones in time now that it has been remodelled. If it ever sticks though like the first version, then I'll immediately switch back to the Univalve.
Good luck with it.

I usually use Gardiner for most of my poles and accessories but on this occasion will stick with the uni-valve. 

Want it for my CLX  pole that I use for fsg and conservatory cleans.....the univalve prevents me from changing from a brush at the end to a nozzle.

Good luck with it.

I usually use Gardiner for most of my poles and accessories but on this occasion will stick with the uni-valve. 

Got to admit Algie, the Univalve is hard to beat in terms of versatility.

In speed of use, and even with a swivel there wasn't a lot in it for me when cleaning standard ground a first floor properties. I'll probably order the new gooseneck valve together with my next pole to try out.

However, I can't see me using it on my longer pole, unless it can be turned on and off real easy. I had issues operating the original one with a swivel when doing three story work, and I find the swivel very useful so I won't be taking it off.

How do you find univalve with extreme as Gardiner recommend against it?

Anybody tried it out....is it ok...willit work with the gooseneck swivel?
I have one on the Super-Max. Thought I’d be safer than trying to operate a uni-value at that height. Don’t use swivel gooseneck as at that height I’m doing them straight on or pretty much not doing them. Took some getting use to but working better now. Trick is trying to find the right tension. Once you’ve got it it’s great! But on the SLX it’s a uni-value so I can use the swivel neck. 

I don't understand why a Univalve would ever present a problem in an Xtreme pole as all you ever do is tug straight down on the hose to work it. I'd say, if anything, there is more likelihood of causing damage to an Xtreme pole with a gooseneck valve as there has to be some, albeit slight, lateral pressure on the pole to stop the brush flipping over when you twist it. This is how I broke my SLX when the valve I was using stuck. My reflex was to hold the pole down with a bit more force whilst I twisted the pole. In a split second I'd snapped the pole. That's never going to happen with a Univalve as the force applied is completely different. The only problem with a Univalve in a longer pole, is the stretch in the hose can cause them to not operate correctly but it's never going to snap a pole.

Back