Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Swindon Help Advise

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jimmy77

Hi I’m thinking about starting window cleaning is there anyone on here who’s around the Swindon area willing too show me how to use and give me advise on WFP and is there anyone around who can fit or make up a WFP system too fit in my van when I buy one? 

Thanks James 

Doubt you'll find anyone in the area willing to show you - you're competition. With that said, it's possible - our windy is the one who talked me into it lol and despite my earlier advice, literally showed me every bit of gear they have and what they use it for.

Best bet would be to try and get talking to a WFP windy that you see out and about. Say you're from a different area or something so they don't see you as a threat lol. I did that moons ago when working for a council. Windys turned up, I asked them if there was much money in it - no, ooh no, was their attitude until i mentioned i lived in a different town and suddenly "hell yeah we make loads of wonga but we did pay quite a lot for the gear" was their attitude so it does help if you don't put yourself over as potential competition.

Doubt you'll find anyone in the area willing to show you - you're competition. With that said, it's possible - our windy is the one who talked me into it lol and despite my earlier advice, literally showed me every bit of gear they have and what they use it for.

Best bet would be to try and get talking to a WFP windy that you see out and about. Say you're from a different area or something so they don't see you as a threat lol. I did that moons ago when working for a council. Windys turned up, I asked them if there was much money in it - no, ooh no, was their attitude until i mentioned i lived in a different town and suddenly "hell yeah we make loads of wonga but we did pay quite a lot for the gear" was their attitude so it does help if you don't put yourself over as potential competition.

To me that's just stupid, I have been helped out by another forum member on here in the same town and I have we help each other if needed whether work related or not and I have been more than happy to help and advise the competition when they were switching to wfp 

I don’t mind having a chat with the competition but I’m sure as hell not going to have potential competition pick my brains and build him a system. You want something you get out there and do it yourself.

I don’t mind having a chat with the competition but I’m sure as hell not going to have potential competition pick my brains and build him a system. You want something you get out there and do it yourself.
Sorry you miss understood me advise yes and about systems yes but point me on people who fits and installs systems not build one for me lol

To me that's just stupid, I have been helped out by another forum member on here in the same town and I have we help each other if needed whether work related or not and I have been more than happy to help and advise the competition when they were switching to wfp 

It may well be stupid but there will be people out there like that.

Personally I'm not and I'd like to poach some of my colleagues from work when i have a big enough round however you have to accept some buggers out there are selfish. Our windy isn't - they went out of their way to help me but i know them from visits - not as a stranger on a forum.

I’m in Swindon. If you want a fitted van mounted system ionics is in west Swindon. They’re expensive but apparently well made. 

They never listened anyway ended up getting a trolley and still do a load of jobs trad because some don't like wfp and 7 years or so on nowt has changed other lads have who I don't really see or speak to that much have gone down the same route, I watched a one last week with what looked like  a CLX-22 go up a ladder with with his pole  to do a window above a porch roof which 5ft me could have done from the ground with an 18ft pole ?

Hi I’m thinking about starting window cleaning is there anyone on here who’s around the Swindon area willing too show me how to use and give me advise on WFP and is there anyone around who can fit or make up a WFP system too fit in my van when I buy one? 

Thanks James 
Hi Jimmy. I'm in your area. Make contact with me by private message or whatever and I'll help you. ? 

Hi Jimmy. I'm in your area. Make contact with me by private message or whatever and I'll help you. ? 
I like too say a big thanks too dave and Jonathon for the nice cup of tea and advise and help they gave me today! Answered lots of questions and showed me there van and set up and the best way too start and do things! Once again Cheers  Dave Top nice guy! 

Back