Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How do you guys wfp some top windows...

Hyzer373

How do you get to top windows with wfp on Houses that (usually on the back) have big sticking out conservatory’s or like big arching out with the tiles & guttering sticking far out, I’ve found the very difficult to get to, I’ve had to stand on my step ladders fully extend my clx and can only just get them and can’t get a comfortable rinse as I’m having to balance and struggle

Same here fella, had one last week with a big extension and two windows above it. Done em but this week my back has been weird and not sure if its related to that or something else (I'm a minefield for health woes).

I was on the ground and managed to reach from there but in hindsight i should have used a step ladder and stood close to the edge of the extension instead of on the ground several feet further away.

Ultimately as someone said in my other thread, you just have to do the best you can - most customers will understand it's never going to be a perfect wash with a big lump in the way. Also as self employed people we're not going to be trained / qualified to work at heights on roof tops etc so that's not a risk worth taking either.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you get to top windows with wfp on Houses that (usually on the back) have big sticking out conservatory’s or like big arching out with the tiles & guttering sticking far out, I’ve found the very difficult to get to, I’ve had to stand on my step ladders fully extend my clx and can only just get them and can’t get a comfortable rinse as I’m having to balance and struggle
The decent customers I’ll offer to go in and clean them from inside , if you can get them that way , not on every clean , maybe once every 6month,

gotta keep the good price jobs happy

3663602917304_01c

I use one of these, they just give you a bit more height which makes it slightly easier.  Also small so fold up and fit in van easy.

3663602917304_01c

I use one of these, they just give you a bit more height which makes it slightly easier.  Also small so fold up and fit in van easy.

These 'hop ups' are a very useful bit of kit. I also use them to open customers back gates.

These 'hop ups' are a very useful bit of kit. I also use them to open customers back gates.
I do too. If you leave it closed and lean it against the gate (top platform In), you can use the closed legs as a very short step ladder. You'll gain a little more height than you would in platform mode. And it saves a tiny amount of time and effort by not having to open and close it.  

That puts a tremendous amount of strain on the body. If you have enough pole length you could extend it well and use the gutter as a pivot point. If it's a real strain I sometimes use a short piece of the yellow, split foam tubing that scaffolders use on the ground level uprights to protect pedestrians. This will clip nicely onto the edge of the conservatory gutter and form a great, hard wearing cushion. 

Back