Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sodium Hypochlorite

WCF

Help Support WCF:

padman

Any one know where I can buy and collect hypo from in the West Midlands.

Now countrywide farm shops have gone I am struggling. The postage is very high when I bought on line so need to collect as I do use a fair bit.

There's a swimming pool place just south of Bromsgrove, called pools and gardens Ltd on the a38. Its by the m5 junction 5. They sell hypo. 

Anyone found a decent supplier? Bonneymans I refuse to pay nearly £40 for delivery & softwash are out of stock. Yes, I've looked locally but I like in rural North Dorset and there isn't anyway even close that sells 14/15% SH. Any suggestions? Thanks

Anyone found a decent supplier? Bonneymans I refuse to pay nearly £40 for delivery & softwash are out of stock. Yes, I've looked locally but I like in rural North Dorset and there isn't anyway even close that sells 14/15% SH. Any suggestions? Thanks
Liquipak on Ebay are free de;ivery and about £30 for 20 litres. Their delivery service is very good and fast. I know £30 is pricey compared to what some pay for hypo but it's still value for money for the ease and convenience of it.....and it's proper 15%.

I've bought elsewhere online what was supposed to be 15% but no way was it that strong. Liquipak are excellent.

Unfortunately delivery costs aren't someone making a massive profit and only those who operate correctly will use ADR certified means of delivery 

Try a swimming pool supply firm or a farmers shop like Cornwall farmers or mole valley farmers Ime sure there will be something like  that in your area not to far away from you . 

Liquipak on Ebay are free de;ivery and about £30 for 20 litres. Their delivery service is very good and fast. I know £30 is pricey compared to what some pay for hypo but it's still value for money for the ease and convenience of it.....and it's proper 15%.

I've bought elsewhere online what was supposed to be 15% but no way was it that strong. Liquipak are excellent.
We normally pay  £13 for 20 ltr but it’s recently gone up to £35 , I am now actively looking for a different supplier but have around 15 drums at the moment so that will keep us going for a few weeks 

Delivery of hypo is classed as hazardous goods so that’s why it’s expensive for delivery ,only certain firms are licensed  to carry it you need ADR licence . 

Unfortunately delivery costs aren't someone making a massive profit and only those who operate correctly will use ADR certified means of delivery 
yeah I get that, I just begrudge paying £40 for a product which costs £30, just doesn't make sense for me to pay it. 

Delivery of hypo is classed as hazardous goods so that’s why it’s expensive for delivery ,only certain firms are licensed  to carry it you need ADR licence . 
yeah, totally get that and I have nothing against them having to charge it, just doesn't make sense me paying nearly £40 for a £30 product. If I have to then I have too. 

Try a swimming pool supply firm or a farmers shop like Cornwall farmers or mole valley farmers Ime sure there will be something like  that in your area not to far away from you . 
tried a local swimming pool firm but the are 11% same goes for mole valley (sadly) I've tried the product from MV and it just wasn't that good (I found) There is a local dairy farmer, I might swing by and have a chat with him ?

Thanks, I did see them on Ebay but always wary if it's actually 15% or not. Deffo worth knowing and might for now order some up just so I'm not left empty ?

tried a local swimming pool firm but the are 11% same goes for mole valley (sadly) I've tried the product from MV and it just wasn't that good (I found) There is a local dairy farmer, I might swing by and have a chat with him ?

Thanks, I did see them on Ebay but always wary if it's actually 15% or not. Deffo worth knowing and might for now order some up just so I'm not left empty ?
We used to get 15% years ago but now all I can get is 10-11% I don’t  see it as a problem and most of the time we still use the same volume of it Evan thought its weaker and still get the same results , give it a go Ime sure it will be fine . You are diluting it anyway you won’t need to use it at 15% . 

yeah I get that, I just begrudge paying £40 for a product which costs £30, just doesn't make sense for me to pay it. 

yeah, totally get that and I have nothing against them having to charge it, just doesn't make sense me paying nearly £40 for a £30 product. If I have to then I have too. 
Have you tried Benz lightning Cleanze ?? I personally don’t think it’s any better than farm grade hypo but it would be cheaper than what you have been quoted I paid just over £200 for 5 drums if I remember correctly, the main problem with it is it has a very short shelf life . 

Have you tried Benz lightning Cleanze ?? I personally don’t think it’s any better than farm grade hypo but it would be cheaper than what you have been quoted I paid just over £200 for 5 drums if I remember correctly, the main problem with it is it has a very short shelf life . 
No, haven't tried it. Yeah, I think 5 drums at the moment would be to much for me before the shelf life goes. Though I'll defiantly have a look and is a good option. 

We used to get 15% years ago but now all I can get is 10-11% I don’t  see it as a problem and most of the time we still use the same volume of it Evan thought its weaker and still get the same results , give it a go Ime sure it will be fine . You are diluting it anyway you won’t need to use it at 15% . 
Thanks, I think I'll pick up a barrel of it locally with some decent surfactant and see how it goes. I was very new to it last year and have learnt a lot, so it might've been user error where I wasn't getting the results I wanted.

No, haven't tried it. Yeah, I think 5 drums at the moment would be to much for me before the shelf life goes. Though I'll defiantly have a look and is a good option. 

Thanks, I think I'll pick up a barrel of it locally with some decent surfactant and see how it goes. I was very new to it last year and have learnt a lot, so it might've been user error where I wasn't getting the results I wanted.
Hypo isn’t the answer to all cleaning solutions, it’s just one tool that does have its place and is very good for mould , algi etc but it’s no good for general grime . 

You can get 20L of Lightning Cleanze for approx £50 and free delivery and Tornado Cleanze is a brush on gel version and cheaper to buy the 5L (although of course it works out much more expensive to get the equivalent 20 litres). Avoids the run-off and less smell.

As @Pjjhas said you can still get the same results with 10%, just adjust the amount of water for diluting it - less water = same strength mix

You can get 20L of Lightning Cleanze for approx £50 and free delivery and Tornado Cleanze is a brush on gel version and cheaper to buy the 5L (although of course it works out much more expensive to get the equivalent 20 litres). Avoids the run-off and less smell.

As @Pjjhas said you can still get the same results with 10%, just adjust the amount of water for diluting it - less water = same strength mix
Thanks K. I've just bought some more 10/11% and will try again. I think it might've been me, but even putting down neat I wasn't getting great results, but I'll be honest I was winging it and had no idea what I was doing! 

Cleanze sounds good, I think I'll get something like this also and just give them a try and see what fits best. Thanks again guys, all very helpful advice. 

Thanks K. I've just bought some more 10/11% and will try again. I think it might've been me, but even putting down neat I wasn't getting great results, but I'll be honest I was winging it and had no idea what I was doing! 

Cleanze sounds good, I think I'll get something like this also and just give them a try and see what fits best. Thanks again guys, all very helpful advice. 
Yeah I think you're right mate - try them yourself and see what you think. Lightning / Tornado Cleanze are both hypo based but at very low concentrations so there's no question that you can make a much cheaper and stronger mix using your own hypo and which will be far more effective for some jobs e.g. patios.

But I think they all have their place and it's just a question of deciding what's best for you. Cleanze also has the advantage of being an approved product if you do any commercial work, but the disadvantage of being classified as a biocide, and for professional users only,  which requires 'appropriate training'.

Back