Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner backpack charging...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hyzer373

I am having an issue with charging the backpack, on the led light it’s always on the 2nd light, if I charge it all night it’s on the 2nd light never goes to fully charged on the green light, yet when I charge the backpack the light is lit green on the charger instantly? I moved the charger around a bit and the light went red for a second then back to green, I’ve only had this backpack like a month, seems something is wrong with the charger?

also where you plug in the charger the 2 pins stick out but the 3rd one (the one on its own) is more sunken in, should it be this way?

other than the charging issue the backpack has been great but I’d like to be able to get it fully charged 

Hi James

If you email this query to [email protected] along with your contact number someone can call you back and talk you through our troubleshooting guide.

It sounds like either the charger is not working or a wire has fallen off inside from the charging socket.

The middle pin to the charging socket is not a charging pin, but is a dummy plastic pin - only the outer two pins actually are used.

Hi James

If you email this query to [email protected] along with your contact number someone can call you back and talk you through our troubleshooting guide.

It sounds like either the charger is not working or a wire has fallen off inside from the charging socket.

The middle pin to the charging socket is not a charging pin, but is a dummy plastic pin - only the outer two pins actually are used.
Hi Alex the lights on the backpack is different then the video on YouTube I watched of the unpacking on the backpack by you. mine is L-N-H, L is yellow which lights up then N is lit up which is Green it’s just the H part which does not light up but that’s a red symbol? I’m thinking it’s fully charged? Or should all 3 be lit up when fully charged 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Alex the lights on the backpack is different then the video on YouTube I watched of the unpacking on the backpack by you. mine is L-N-H, L is yellow which lights up then N is lit up which is Green it’s just the H part which does not light up but that’s a red symbol? I’m thinking it’s fully charged? Or should all 3 be lit up when fully charged 

This is just to test if you're concentrating!

Over the years the LED voltmeters have changed slightly from the suppliers and now the only two LEDS fitted are yellow and green ( or red and green on some ages of backpack).

The third LED hole no longer has an LED behind it - despite the face allowing for it.

So if the LED showing is green then the battery is charged - if the green light goes out and only the yellow or red LED is showing then it needs a charge.

The above information can be found on the usage instructions provided with the backpack

Last edited by a moderator:
I wondered why the third led never lit up!

We always go by the charger, red/green, charging/charged.

Hi James

Alex is wide awake today. ?

This is just to test if you're concentrating!

Over the years the LED voltmeters have changed slightly from the suppliers and now the only two LEDS fitted are yellow and green ( or red and green on some ages of backpack).

The third LED hole no longer has an LED behind it - despite the face allowing for it.

So if the LED showing is green then the battery is charged - if the green light goes out and only the yellow or red LED is showing then it needs a charge.

The above information can be found on the usage instructions provided with the backpack
Thank you Alex my bad for not reading the instructions haha.

Also very impressed with the backpack and clx22 pole now that I have been using them, top quality, will be purchasing from gardiner in the future for sure, cheers for the replies mate ?

Alex is wide awake today. ?

Not really!!

This was posted by Hyzer373 on the 'other' forum under the names James Styles - I first answered there and copy and pasted this into this forum reply - forgot on here he is not called James! However as we do not have a James Styles as a client, I doubt that James is the right name anyway ?

Thank you Alex my bad for not reading the instructions haha.

Also very impressed with the backpack and clx22 pole now that I have been using them, top quality, will be purchasing from gardiner in the future for sure, cheers for the replies mate ?
? ?

Not really!!

This was posted by Hyzer373 on the 'other' forum under the names James Styles - I first answered there and copy and pasted this into this forum reply - forgot on here he is not called James! However as we do not have a James Styles as a client, I doubt that James is the right name anyway ?

? ?
Haha yes I posted on the other forum too, I usually do to get more opinions/feedback, my first name is James ?

Yeah must be said awesome bits of kit. I love my pole - fascinating bit of kit for someone who's always been fascinated by telescopic stuff lol.

Back