Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Resin panic panic

Diamond geezer

I run two di chambers.filled no 2 with fresh 115 resin,output from 1st di 3,rose to 4,ok.Put through only2200 ltrs,fresh resin was now reading 4.What i,thinks to myself that's not enough.Ive had conversation with two separate supliers,about resin usage.One says 500000 divided by tds will give no of ltrs per 25k bag.so if tds is 10,should get 50000ltrs.The other says 600000 divide by 25(kilo bag)multiply by no of ltrs of resin in di chamber,mines a 7ltr,then divide by tds.Taking the tds as 10 again the result is 16800.Who do you thinks right please.I visited resin calculator, WCW,and that showed I should be getting a hell of a lot more,than I got.I was advised to check, di chamber riser. Put bottom bit sealed in a poly bag water then should,nt come out of outlet,if it does problem,well it didn't.Next check top of riser tube should be perfectly round,if not cut of smallest amount.Mine looked as if melted a bit,aparently this can happen in hot weather plus preasure.Well ive done this,so we shall see.Thanks

I think a lot of how much clean water you will get depends on what the PPI is of your water from the start getting a 40/40 to get the ppi down then use the DI also have you got the hoses and the inlet and outlet correct Mine is coming out  7 PPI and i got a 5ltr di vessel and i get 1200 befor there is a rise of 2PPI .. i have just brought a  new 25ltr of Resin  Tulsion and am hoping it is better that what a i got last time only brought two 5 ltr bags and they come in plain bag i do not think was very good stuff i will let you know how much i get with the new bag on each fill of new resin in my 10 ltr  di vessel  Not sure if i posted correct i might of used your post box and did it wrong so i will cut and paste in the lower box incase.

You might be interested in "  Had To Change My Resin Today " one page 3
Just got new 25ltr bag so will see how much i used before i change  resin lasting a long time with 40/40 filter pushing out PPi 7 and  7 ltr DI lasting  2000 ltr up to now..To get a true reading will need to refill  DI and start from fresh.  Give us a few weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back