Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Scheduling work

Hyzer373

Do you guys use an app for keeping a log of customers/scheduling you’re monthly round or use a simple notepad/excel page?
Any recommendations 

Google calendar for me. Can use it on PC and my phone!

Better still, I keep the customers in my contact list but I put "W " in front - eg John becomes "W John". The W serves 2 purposes - 1) meaning windows 2) to keep my contacts at the bottom of my list so i don't have to scroll all over the place lol.

As a bonus, I use an android app called Automate. It lets you design "flows" (program by old terminology) using a flowchart. I've got mine setup to check my calendar for the next day for any events with "W " in the name, then check my contacts for a matching name and then send out the text saying i'll be there the next day.

As for actual payments, well i've been using a mysql database but you could use a excel spreadsheet if you wanted. 

Do you guys use an app for keeping a log of customers/scheduling you’re monthly round or use a simple notepad/excel page?
Any recommendations 
I use @Squeegee App myself. Before that I used spreadsheets but found they got too cumbersome as the round grew. Whatever you decide, just make sure its digital or at least backed up digitally, and to some sort of remote storage, so your always covered from the event of a total loss.

EDIT: I'll add I highly recommend Squeegee. They've had issues but overall the app is great!

Last edited by a moderator:
We were on CP for long time then switched to Squeegee as it looked better on paper.  Turned out not to be the case and far too glitchy for us. 

Switched back to CP over past couple of weeks and all the franchisees said they prefer it.  A lot simpler and cleaner to use is the feedback I'm getting. 

Just use spread sheets much easier nothing to go wrong , get lost or crash , that’s the way business worked before computers and I still say it’s better but ime a tech dinosaur and glad I am ???

I use @Squeegee App myself. Before that I used spreadsheets but found they got too cumbersome as the round grew. Whatever you decide, just make sure its digital or at least backed up digitally, and to some sort of remote storage, so your always covered from the event of a total loss.

EDIT: I'll add I highly recommend Squeegee. They've had issues but overall the app is great!
Can you comment on the issues ? I am starting out and spending 30£pm is not something i am in a position to do right now with all the overheads i have. I took a look at squeegee and it seems okay although the scheduling options seem a little limited (can't specify first Friday of the month for example) - all that said the basic version is free so am willing to give it a whirl provided it doesn't constantly crash or fail to notify of my upcoming jobs. 

That's what I was saying lol - most here prefer cleaner planner - all in the first line lol
yeah i know CP is better from what others posted - however as i said its 30£ pm so i cant afford - was trying to ascertain if Squeegee was just not as well designed or if it constantly crashing / failing. 
Seems its the later - thanks for the feedback everyone  

yeah i know CP is better from what others posted - however as i said its 30£ pm so i cant afford - was trying to ascertain if Squeegee was just not as well designed or if it constantly crashing / failing. 
Seems its the later - thanks for the feedback everyone  
It’s not constantly crashing/failing. It has had issues but it’s been fine since. So hopefully they've learned their lesson. 

You can schedule the job for ‘first Friday of every month’. Don’t do it myself but assume this is what this is for..

15FBFC65-0795-4633-8881-0AA5EDB762D1.png

I have ended up using Google Calendar. Overall it seems very good for organizing tasks once you understand some of the hidden features (watched a couple youtube videos)

I like the way you can have as many separate calendars as you want that can be easily switched on / off. I currently have a window cleaning and family calendar running along side but for some of the more multi tasking window cleaners you could have for example a softwash, gutter vac, driveway cleaning, window calendar's all running alongside each other. That way you could easily compare revenue for each different facet of your business. Notifications can be sent via email or just as a alarm on my iphone. Also really like the way that it syncs with my PC at home and also is easily shareable with clients and the missus. It does lack some of the features that Cleaner Planner offers but for me as a new business £360pa is a little too much. Anyone have any questions about the google calendar setup please shoot me a pM

Latest Posts

Back