Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

350 tank one operator

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jango

I currently have a 500 litre flat tank in my caddy van. 

Usually at the end of the day I have water left over. The problem is, it takes the whole of the back of the van space, so I’m thinking of getting an upright tank to give me more space. Do you think I would manage with a 350 tank? Does anyone use one? Or have any other ideas? 

depends how much you have left , but also the benefit of having an upright is theres more water above the outlet, iv gone from an upright to a flat and at the end of the day i have to park facing downhill with one tyre on the curb 

I would say no a 350 won't do all day I know there loads that say they can do 8 hours on 350 tank but I definitely can't.

I've a 350 atm and have to fill up at a costumers while I'm working. I would say I use between 5 and 600 litters a day but I do 71/2 or 8 hours a day.

@Ash87 Yes I think the water above the outlet is better. Maybe I should go for a 400 upright. 

@wee man A friend uses the 350 he does 8 hours, but not got a drop left at the end of the day, I guess it come down to flow, etc

@Ash87 Yes I think the water above the outlet is better. Maybe I should go for a 400 upright. 

@wee man A friend uses the 350 he does 8 hours, but not got a drop left at the end of the day, I guess it come down to flow, etc
Yes your probably right i have mine turned up to 90 so I go through a lot of water. I'm getting a bigger van this year and I can't wait. I'm by the sea so the windows as rotten lol.

I manage just fine with 350ltr upright tank and I do 20+ jobs a day easily with 25-50 ltrs left in the tank, I have 1mm pencil jets in my brush so I my water usage is around a 1/3 less than some one using 2mm jets, and I have a day next week with 31 jobs and most of those are 4 bed detached houses and still go home with water in the tank 

i have a 400 litre flat and run out most days, i use black fan jets and a flow of 4 (on a varistream) so not sure what that is . Id prefer to use it on 5 as i think its significantly quicker but my issue is that it just drains the water .

im having a new van and system next week and i cant wait im only going to 500 upright but i had that before and never ran out 

? No they are almost one after another I do 14 of them without moving the van then smaller blocks of 4-5 after that 

That's only 1-2 days a month, I only managed 24 jobs today in 6 hours started at 9am finished just after 3pm I was worn out ?

Decision decisions?

i use an analogue controller on 4 flow around 1o clock on the dial. The 350 would suit my van best, don’t want to run out, but I usually do 8-30-4pm ish. Will give it some thought. 

Thanks everyone for your help

I manage just fine with 350ltr upright tank and I do 20+ jobs a day easily with 25-50 ltrs left in the tank, I have 1mm pencil jets in my brush so I my water usage is around a 1/3 less than some one using 2mm jets, and I have a day next week with 31 jobs and most of those are 4 bed detached houses and still go home with water in the tank 
31 jobs with a 350 tank that's some going. I've been looking at the 1.2 jets for when I'm getting a new brush.  I've got the welding tips you use saved to mybe buy but I think I'll try the ones that come with the brush. 

Decision decisions?

i use an analogue controller on 4 flow around 1o clock on the dial. The 350 would suit my van best, don’t want to run out, but I usually do 8-30-4pm ish. Will give it some thought. 

Thanks everyone for your help
I've two mates in the same town as me and they both have 650 tanks and some days near run out. 

I think you work to what water you have. If you’ve 500litres, you’ll cane it. 250 litres, you’ll do the same work but much more stingy on the water and it’ll take longer. Perhaps not as good a job.

I think 350 litres will do £300 of work comfortably. With a univalve or some such.

I think you work to what water you have. If you’ve 500litres, you’ll cane it. 250 litres, you’ll do the same work but much more stingy on the water and it’ll take longer. Perhaps not as good a job.

I think 350 litres will do £300 of work comfortably. With a univalve or some such.
I agree, there is another windy I know who has a 1000ltr tank and doesn't care how much water he uses at all, I find 350ltr is good for with my set up and without needing to be stingy with water.

I have a 350l tank, for me it depends on the round. Today I'll have water left over but i have 3 days in my month where I run out. I installed a 1liter di canister for if I need just a few litres more and so fill at a customers. The majority of my work is in a soft water area so it's a handy work around. 

It’s given me something to think about.

Thanks for everyone’s input. I do know some who use a lot of water, I guess it’s getting a balance. 

Back