Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New business at the start of the week!

mupps

Great start to the week with two new customers before midday....... and the sun was shining too. I'm looking forward to what the rest of the week has in store for me. There seems to be plenty of business out there and can't understand when people seem to struggle to find new customers. 

Good on ya mate !! Theres loads of customers waiting for us all !! I started in January this year by myself now I have £1600 worth of customers and getting conservatory roof cleans gutters and soffit cleans inbetween !! Keep it up 

Aye, I got a call from a guy who told me their windy has let them down badly. Seems the guy had the whole street and he has disappeared. I have put up my minimum price to £8 a month now, not bothered if I don't get the work. Got a big pvc and gutter clear to do so the work is coming in.

Aye, I got a call from a guy who told me their windy has let them down badly. Seems the guy had the whole street and he has disappeared. I have put up my minimum price to £8 a month now, not bothered if I don't get the work. Got a big pvc and gutter clear to do so the work is coming in.
Why do people let customers down. I really can't see the point of getting a new customer on board and then cleaning for them over a period of time, then all of a sudden not turning up. If for any reason I can't clean for a customer I make sure that I let them know and tell them the reason too. It's all about service and making sure that the customer is happy!

Why do people let customers down. I really can't see the point of getting a new customer on board and then cleaning for them over a period of time, then all of a sudden not turning up. If for any reason I can't clean for a customer I make sure that I let them know and tell them the reason too. It's all about service and making sure that the customer is happy!

We still have the odd jailbird up here masquerading as windies.

He could of fell off a ladder at another job and be warm as toast , maybe that’s his reason why he hasn’t been around,  family emergency , something happened to a member of my family ,  customer would be on the bottom of the list to contact 

He could of fell off a ladder at another job and be warm as toast , maybe that’s his reason why he hasn’t been around,  family emergency , something happened to a member of my family ,  customer would be on the bottom of the list to contact 
Yes I agree with you, however so often it's  just that they have either given up on those customers or just stopped altogether. 

Yes I agree with you, however so often it's  just that they have either given up on those customers or just stopped altogether. 
Every time I get new customer, who says my last windy didn’t do a good job so I told them stop doing them , I will always thibk there is a reason why he’s stopped , till at least few cleans and they pay on time no issues then I’ll accept her old windy was shite 

Aye, I got a call from a guy who told me their windy has let them down badly. Seems the guy had the whole street and he has disappeared. I have put up my minimum price to £8 a month now

By eck man, you're doing yourself down!

I'm a newbie and my minimum is a tenner. If i'm door knocking it's pretty much guaranteed to be a tenner too - most folks will have that on them - and sometimes if it's huge £15 but never less than 10.

Do you get your diesel, road tax, mot, insurances, equipment, advertising, uniforms and cheaper because it's a one bed council flat?  

Nope? Didn't think so. ?

Its where I stay and got 4 to do in the street. Should get many more once I begin. I would be happy with 20 of those one bed houses every day and take home £160. I always strive for the optimum when pricing unless I don't want the job and then I give a high price. That's my business mode and I'm happy with it.

I still do a row of terraces front onlys for £7 each, all right next to each other. 10 of them, all been with us since the start. It can be done in an hour,max hour and a half. £70 cleared in that time. All spot on payers every time no nonsense off them, youngest is late 60’s majority of them are well in to their 80’s and 90’s. I just haven’t had it in me to put the prices up for these guys. They’re gems. Half a mile from where i live. they don’t make people like this anymore. They have respect.

the days of offering those prices to new custys are long gone of course.

Someones asked me to do a patio wash for a lady a few houses up. She turned 100 in march.

Willing to wait 3-4 weeks or however long it takes me to get there. Its straightforward large slabbed area no problems with drainage all flat. 4 hours i reckon.

i’m gonna do it for her as a belated birthday present. I haven't told anyone this yet i want to make it a surprise for her. This ladys generation saw us through ww2 and built the country to what it is today.  and i just haven't got in me to charge £160 to a 100 year old lady. Time she had something back in my eyes. Not all about the money sometimes. 

id rather give something back to someone who’s done her bit for the country 100 times over and who has a lot more respect for people than many of younger generations do, so i’m gonna try and give up my next bank holiday or other day that works for me, to get it done for her. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still do a row of terraces front onlys for £7 each, all right next to each other. 10 of them, all been with us since the start. It can be done in an hour,max hour and a half. £70 cleared in that time. All spot on payers every time no nonsense off them, youngest is late 60’s majority of them are well in to their 80’s and 90’s. I just haven’t had it in me to put the prices up for these guys. They’re gems. Half a mile from where i live. they don’t make people like this anymore. They have respect.

the days of offering those prices to new custys are long gone of course.

Someones asked me to do a patio wash for a lady a few houses up. She turned 100 in march.

Willing to wait 3-4 weeks or however long it takes me to get there. Its straightforward large slabbed area no problems with drainage all flat. 4 hours i reckon.

i’m gonna do it for her as a belated birthday present. I haven't told anyone this yet i want to make it a surprise for her. This ladys generation saw us through ww2 and built the country to what it is today.  and i just haven't got in me to charge £160 to a 100 year old lady. Time she had something back in my eyes. Not all about the money sometimes. 

id rather give something back to someone who’s done her bit for the country 100 times over and who has a lot more respect for people than many of younger generations do, so i’m gonna try and give up my next bank holiday or other day that works for me, to get it done for her. Fingers crossed.
Sion. I've just read your post to my wife and she said "that's absolutely beautiful". You are an inspiration and it's so lovely to know that there are people like you out there! I hope your business goes from strength to strength. 

Great start to the week with two new customers before midday....... and the sun was shining too. I'm looking forward to what the rest of the week has in store for me. There seems to be plenty of business out there and can't understand when people seem to struggle to find new customers. 
Got two gutter and soffit  cleaning jobs off the same street this week, hoping for a rainy day in three weeks time now so I can do them if rained off on the windows...... kerching

Sion. I've just read your post to my wife and she said "that's absolutely beautiful". You are an inspiration and it's so lovely to know that there are people like you out there! I hope your business goes from strength to strength. 
It’s not just me mate everyone’s got good in them. A bigger company by me regularly do community centers etc. i wish i could do more sometimes but reality is you gotta make ends meet yourself ?‍♂️

Latest Posts

Back