Jump to content
swimmingpaul

Working a 5 Week cycle

Recommended Posts

swimmingpaul

Hi everyone

Im new to the forum and haven't posted yet but have put quite a few hours of reading in !

So far im definitely interested in becoming a window cleaner, ive got tons of questions obviously but the main issue

I have is that I will be looking to only clean part time and due to my current work I will have to do this on a 5 week cycle,

I see that most of you do 4,6 or 8 weeks. Just wanted to get a consensus of opinion on this, I guess its down to the customer

being happy with it at the end of the day. Any thoughts would be happily received.

Cheers

Paul

Share this post


Link to post
Joshyouare

Yeah 4, 6 and 8 are the norm. But every 5 weeks isn't a problem. Everyone does it at these intervals because it's basically once a month which is just easy to keep track of (13 times a year for 4 weekly).

 

There wouldn't be any issue of having a 5 weekly schedule - just do whatever suits you.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Bart90

No issue with a 5 weekly cycle, I've worked on that basis for 7 years.  The one plus point is that you do pick up a few people who wouldn't usually go for a window cleaner but find 10 weekly (5 times a year a decent compromise).  I've picked a good few up because of that option.  One draw back is setting up a standing order, there is no 5 weekly option but won't be an issue for you just starting (hardly is for me but one or two i have to keep accounts for).  If I was starting again, i would go monthly, bi monthly but each to their own and you will have no issue doing a 5 weekly round 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
swimmingpaul

cheers for your replies , very helpful. 

thanks 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Tango
5 hours ago, swimmingpaul said:

due to my current work I will have to do this on a 5 week cycle,

I see that most of you do 4,6 or 8 weeks. Just wanted to get a consensus of opinion on this

 

I don't really see a problem myself.. At the end of the day the workload is yours to manage as you wish.

 

I've got mine on a google calendar. When i get to the beginning of the next week I move jobs about to whatever day works for me (google calendar lets you drag / drop things from one day to another). The evening before my phone will pick up those jobs off the calendar for the next day and send a text letting the customer know of my arrival the next day.

 

The only problem i do foresee is when i've got a larger round and some jobs might start to collide and pile up in the same week. If that happens then I'll have to move them about a bit more or text customers saying I'll be a week late due to a technical glitch. That or i'll be working my butt off lol.

Share this post


Link to post
swimmingpaul
18 minutes ago, Tango said:

 

I don't really see a problem myself.. At the end of the day the workload is yours to manage as you wish.

 

I've got mine on a google calendar. When i get to the beginning of the next week I move jobs about to whatever day works for me (google calendar lets you drag / drop things from one day to another). The evening before my phone will pick up those jobs off the calendar for the next day and send a text letting the customer know of my arrival the next day.

 

The only problem i do foresee is when i've got a larger round and some jobs might start to collide and pile up in the same week. If that happens then I'll have to move them about a bit more or text customers saying I'll be a week late due to a technical glitch. That or i'll be working my butt off lol.

ok thanks,  and good tip on Google calendar,  didn't realise you could do that with it ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Damo

We run most of rounds on a 5 to 6 weekly basis. So we can be up to a week late if that make sense. Its worked for us for over 14 years now :) 

Share this post


Link to post
swimmingpaul
26 minutes ago, Damo said:

We run most of rounds on a 5 to 6 weekly basis. So we can be up to a week late if that make sense. Its worked for us for over 14 years now 🙂

thanks that's good to know, I was worried that it may be a showstopper.

cheers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Davy G

Most of my work is six weekly. Same jobs if done twelve weekly are plus fifty per cent in price. This works very well for me. Exception is, some of the larger, more expensive country houses where I have to travel a distance. Some of these are eight weekly and priced accordingly. 

Share this post


Link to post
brianbadonde

I did offer 4 6 and 8 weekly initially but over time got so busy that the 6 weekers were clashing with the others. So I cut 6 weekers out, and got them to change frequencies. My advice is to stick with your 5 weekly cycle, nothing wrong with that, and be prepared to let people do an every other visit routine as 5 weeks will come too quickly for some. Don’t let people pick a routine of their own eg 12 weeks, stick with your 5 and 10 weekly frequencies and you’ll be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
swimmingpaul

thanks for the advice there mate, it has to be 5 weeks for me anyway due to my other job for now . can't make anything else work,  I guess some will  be ok with it and some won't ! .  

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.