Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter cleaning

Ideally do it all by vac. I put hot water in gutter  especially with blocked down pipes. Let it dwell absorb into it then suck it out. Repeat if necessary to clear it.

Forget wasting money on a vac. 

Can only use it if customer leaves you access to power or you have a generator suitable for the size of vac you get. 

Get a harris pole, some pro gutter tools and one of these 

https://www.screwfix.com/p/drain-unblocker-25ft-7-6m-/11325?tc=GA7&ds_kid=92700022888056721&ds_rl=1241687&ds_rl=1245250&ds_rl=1244066&ds_rl=1248184&ds_rl=1245250&ds_rl=1247848&gclid=CjwKCAjw5pPnBRBJEiwAULZKvjVscGnfZTQQusFiOo40e_zNcUMKv4DV5HisBmNnih5-_DRdffZ5cRoC4DMQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Less that £100 all in. 

Now go earn some money. 

Used my Vac yesterday on a bungalow gutter. The leaves were bone dry and the u end at top kept blocking. Eventually went up ladder and removed the u bend and did it with the straight pole, no blockages. Might have been better just using stepladder and my hands.

Love my gutter Vac, I did used to clean by hand and have the pro gutter range but hated going up ladder trying to hold on and scrape with the tool. also the smell of stagnant water use to hate that bit. 

Back