Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rinsing with fan jets

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Clarkus84

I recently got a new brush and decided to try 50 degree fan jets as I've always used pencil jets and was curious how I'd like them. I'm not entirely convinced but I'm not sure if I'm being overly cautious. I see other window cleaners in my area rinsing with fan jets from about 2 feet away from the windows. I seen another guy doing the same thing in a posh estate out of town a while ago. I tend to rinse an inch or two from the window myself but that's my habit from pencil jets. Maybe I'm overthinking the whole thing but I learn by trial and error. I'm just wondering how you guys do it? Would you recommend 100 over 50 degrees? I do like to rinse with pencil jets but a change every now and again is nice 

I use 100 degree fans. I love them, but like you I rinse either on the glass or very close and run with a high flow rate (2-2.5 lpm from the brush). I have never been able to get a good rinse any further than 2-3 inches from the glass at most with fans. I'd also recommend using a swivel with them as well.

I use 100 degree fans. I love them, but like you I rinse either on the glass or very close and run with a high flow rate (2-2.5 lpm from the brush). I have never been able to get a good rinse any further than 2-3 inches from the glass at most with fans. I'd also recommend using a swivel with them as well.

Probably why I still like pencils. I have never got on with fan jets.

Saying that, I'm starting to like the rinse bar more and more.

100 degree fan jets for me. I use a sill brush and after the agitation stage, I rinse on the glass with the brush tips only lightly touching the glass to focus and contain the water within the window, rather than splashing back and sideways. This keeps the water running where I want it and allows the dirt to flush down without getting trapped in the bristles. This way most of the water remains touching the glass and, if done right, forms a continuous curtain of rinsing water descending down the glass taking the dirt with it. 

Back