Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Leisure Battery Storage (In Van)

Master Jedi Alejandro

Premium Member
Hey All,

Hope everyone one got a nice weekend planned. Just wondering where and how everyone stores their leisure batteries in the van. My set up has always been in the passenger footwell. Makes it easy to access and remove for charging (no split relay). However, I’m sitting here looking at the battery and thinking about how unpleasant it would be to have it hit me in the face if I’m ever in a roll over accident. So think I need to move it to the back.

Wondering how you all secure yours in position and if any waterproofing would be required as everything in the back seems to get at least slightly wet from condensation. (If anyone has some photos that would be great!)

Thanks to all in advance!

I just keep mine in the back of the van, near the back door and held in place with strap. There is a bulkhead too so should be safe from it flying about. I havent waterproofed it, though thinking about it, might be worth one of those plastic coverings just fitted over the top, tea cozy style thats easy to remove. Do plan also to get it in a carry box, along with controller etc in the future, but its getting round to it.

My passenger seat lifts up so it sits under there. No such luck in my last van so it just slid down the side of the tank. In terms of waterproofing I never bothered, its not like it will be swimming around back there. Also if you have a textured floor like Protectakote gives for example the battery won't just go flying around in my experience.

My passenger seat lifts up so it sits under there. No such luck in my last van so it just slid down the side of the tank. In terms of waterproofing I never bothered, its not like it will be swimming around back there. Also if you have a textured floor like Protectakote gives for example the battery won't just go flying around in my experience.
In a roll over accident which the op suggested I would say the battery could easily fly about.

In a roll over accident which the op suggested I would say the battery could easily fly about.
In a roll over accident the battery flying around the back (if you have a bulk head) is the least of your worries. In the front under the seat it is in place and secure, the space under a passenger seat is just big enough for a battery 

Thanks to all. 

Think behind the tank tank is where I’ll put it. My pump to di hose also runs back there but I recon I’ll be able to sit them in together. 

In a roll over accident the battery flying around the back (if you have a bulk head) is the least of your worries. In the front under the seat it is in place and secure, the space under a passenger seat is just big enough for a battery 
Yes, in a role over the battery, along with everything else, is trashed. That’s not a issue. The issue is the battery, stored where I currently store it, would end up hitting me in the head, which I don’t see a positive outcome of. ?

My seats don’t open like yours, unfortunately. ? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is ina plastic storage box slightly bigger than the leisure battery at the side of my tank beside the pump nicely tucked in the corner with easy access from the side door to charge it when required. 

So changed the setup today. Brought a big box from B&Q and put the battery and charger in it. Also using it as storage (only dry items) as it’s taken up the space of storage box. Got lid to keep everything dry while working. Feeling a lot safer already! ?

DBEDEE05-ACB7-41F0-AA9F-1FC51E2F8E07.jpegE0585960-D655-4B01-8707-303CCEB4DAEE.jpeg

Back